Error: Can't change directory

  • John B. Moore
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27 11:48 AM
      I'm setting up a new server and am getting the error

      "Can't change directory to ...."

      when running webalizer off the command line to test..

      I checked the path (pasted it even from file browser) check permissions
      on all directories in that path..

      Anyone have any ideas...

      Thanks..

      John..
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30 2:51 PM
        When you execute from the command line, the user is
        the actual user. When you execute from cron, the user
        is normally "root", unless you change it in purpose.

        Do you use windows or linux? What is the directory
        name? can you copy/paste the OutputDir line from
        webalizer.conf? Can you copy/paste the exact command
        you are executing?

        --- "John B. Moore" <jbm@...> wrote:

        > I'm setting up a new server and am getting the error
        >
        > "Can't change directory to ...."
        >

        > when running webalizer off the command line to
        > test..
        >
        > I checked the path (pasted it even from file
        > browser) check permissions
        > on all directories in that path..
        >
        > Anyone have any ideas...
        >
        > Thanks..
        >
        > John..

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John B. Moore
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31 1:06 PM
          Thanks for the ideas..

          It ended up being a typo on the "Outputdir" setting...

          (BTW.. it is on Linux and I had left off the "/" in front of the path... It is amazing
          how I missed that obvious typo...<sigh>)