Webalizer issue / error

  • TigerPaw
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2005
      Hello recently found this group and hopefully someone can maybe shead some
      light on the is disturbing thing.. Webalizer hasn't been working
      properlly recently.. I get /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer: line 6:
      31479 Segmentation fault /usr/bin/webalizer about 80% of the time
      so that means its only working 20% of the time.. I can't figure out was
      up.. I have uninstalled and reinstallled.. just about everything I can
      think of. Any one have any ideas.?

      Thanks

      Jonathan
    • Tom Cat
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
        I'm having a similar issue. Although I only get the seg fault about
        20% of the time. I'm on RHEL 4 ES. I have tried both the official
        RPM from RH and to compile it from source from webalizer.com. Both
        have the same problems.

        I first encounted this problem almost a year ago under RHEL 3.
        Upgrading to RHEL 4 did not help. This group failed to provide a
        solution as well.

        For now I continue to run log analysis, by scp'ing the logs to a RH9
        box and running webalizer on that box. However the time is fast
        aproaching when the RH9 box is going to be upgraded and the segfaults
        will begin there.

        What more information do people need to fix this problem?

        Thanks