Re: [webalizer] Re: Adding Visits in Top 10 of Total URLs

    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 2005
      --- Marius popa <jimi_compot@...> wrote:

      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval
      > <enventa2000@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- Marius popa <jimi_compot@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > One of my clients asked about adding visits
      > column
      > > > to the
      > > > Total URLs table - Is it possible ?
      > > >

      > > Possible but probably useless. Each hit represents
      > > probably a visit, unless one visitor is going back
      > and
      > > forth all over your website trying to find
      > something,
      > > or going in circles after getting lost. It would
      > be
      > > more practical to list every path followed by
      > every
      > > visit, or a compilation of the most frequent
      > paths.
      > >

      > > I recommend you take a look at Webdruid, a clone
      > of
      > > webalizer that generates a graph with the paths
      > taken
      > > by visitors. This should be more useful than the
      > > number of visits per URL.
      > >
      > > http://www.webdruid.org
      >
      > Thank for the advice - i will install it
      > Do you know if is still developed ?
      > 22 june 2004 is the last release

      I don't know. I can't contact the original developer,
      so I have made my own version of it, because I had
      some problems with search strings, and I have patched
      the code a little bit.

      http://griho.udl.es/webdruid

      I copy & paste part of the CHANGELOG, so you can see
      the changes I made if you can to give it a go:

      0.5.4.2-eng summary from 0.5.4.1-eng 17/May/2005
      (enric@...)

      Fixes :
      o "q=&q=" querytag gets corrected to "q=" before
      finding the search string
      (this was giving problems in msn search and
      google search)

      Changes / Additions :
      o Added more examples in engines.list of search
      strings not parsed by webdruid.

      o Added Unique and Total search phrase count for
      each search engine in output.

      0.5.4.1-eng summary from 0.5.4 16/May/2005
      (enric@...)

      Fixes :
      o Added error case for iconv_t in sengine.c.

      o Transform additional ? characters into &, so they
      are parsed more correctly
      "images.google.*" needs this to be done

      Changes / Additions :
      o Added more search engines in engines.list

      o Added the rel="nofollow" tag in links in the Total
      Referrers list to
      annoy referral spammers

      o Increased SE_MAXQTAG to 7

      o Increased MAXSRCH from 256 to 388
      Increased MAXSRCH from 128 to 388
      This prevents some strings from being cut or lost
      due to being
      near the end of very long request.
      Searches from "google.*/custom" always have this
      problem

      o Unencode important characters like ?,=,+,& that
      are sent encoded
      "images.google.*" has this problem, because when
      users click in the thumbnail
      image, the referrer with the search string is
      encoded inside the "prev" querytag.

      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2005
        Enric Naval wrote:

        > I recommend you take a look at Webdruid, a clone of
        > webalizer that generates a graph with the paths taken
        > by visitors. This should be more useful than the
        > number of visits per URL.
        >
        > http://www.webdruid.org

        is webdruid available for other platforms other than windows or *nix? i don't run webalizer on either of those and would
        like to look at webdruid on that platform...

        --
        _\/
        (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2005
          --- waldo kitty <wkitty42@...> wrote:

          > Enric Naval wrote:
          > >
          > > I recommend you take a look at Webdruid, a clone
          > of
          > > webalizer that generates a graph with the paths
          > taken
          > > by visitors. This should be more useful than the
          > > number of visits per URL.
          > >
          > > http://www.webdruid.org
          >
          > is webdruid available for other platforms other than
          > windows or *nix? i don't run webalizer on either of
          > those and would
          > like to look at webdruid on that platform...

          I'm afraid there are only *nix and windows versions...

          http://mail.yahoo.com