Re: [webalizer] customize user agents wiev

    Message 1 of 2 , May 11 2:37 PM
      --- Daniel Wintersdorf <Danielwintersdorf@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > i have an other question. In my statistics i see the
      > user agents. That
      > works fine.
      > But some lines are not with enough to see all
      > details. Is there a way
      > to get a larger box for the user agents.

      If you look at the source code for webalizer, in
      "webalizer.c" you have a code that cuts the referral
      size down to MAXREFH.

      /* if necessary, shrink referrer to fit storage */
      if (strlen(log_rec.refer)>=MAXREFH)
      {
      if (verbose) fprintf(stderr,"%s [%lu]\n",
      msg_big_ref,total_rec);
      log_rec.refer[MAXREFH-1]='\0';
      }

      Since MAXHREFH is a constant, you can look it the
      header file (webalizer.h):

      #define MAXREF 1024 /* Max referrer field size*/

      #define MAXREFH 128 /* Max referrer field size in
      htab */

      I'm not sure, but I think MAXREF is the size for
      internal use of webalizer, while MAXREFH is the size
      of what you finally can see in the stats report. You
      should download the source code, edit it to change
      MAXREFH to 256 (any multiple of 32 will do) and
      recompile the program.

      > On webplaza.pt.lu/dwinti/webalizer_user_agents.gif
      > you could see an
      > example. Look the Mozilla 5.0 at the end there are
      > missing
      > informations.

      If you look at my stats (I'm using webdruid, a
      webalizer fork) you will see that the agent name
      appears in its enterity because I changed MAXHREFTAB
      to 512. Actually, 256 should be more than enough, but
      I have plenty RAM :)

      http://griho.udl.es/usatge/server_raw/usage_200505.html

      If you want to change the tables in the HTMl report,
      open "output.c" and search for the functions "void
      top_agents_table()" and "void dump_all_agents()". You
      can easily change the values in the printf, like in
      this line:

      fprintf(out_fp,"<TABLE WIDTH=510 BORDER=2
      CELLSPACING=1 CELLPADDING=1>\n");

      http://mail.yahoo.com