customize user agents wiev

  • Daniel Wintersdorf
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      Hello,

      i have an other question. In my statistics i see the user agents. That
      works fine.
      But some lines are not with enough to see all details. Is there a way
      to get a larger box for the user agents.

      On webplaza.pt.lu/dwinti/webalizer_user_agents.gif you could see an
      example. Look the Mozilla 5.0 at the end there are missing
      informations.

      --
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Daniel Wintersdorf
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2005
        --- Daniel Wintersdorf <Danielwintersdorf@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > i have an other question. In my statistics i see the
        > user agents. That
        > works fine.
        > But some lines are not with enough to see all
        > details. Is there a way
        > to get a larger box for the user agents.

        If you look at the source code for webalizer, in
        "webalizer.c" you have a code that cuts the referral
        size down to MAXREFH.

        /* if necessary, shrink referrer to fit storage */
        if (strlen(log_rec.refer)>=MAXREFH)
        {
        if (verbose) fprintf(stderr,"%s [%lu]\n",
        msg_big_ref,total_rec);
        log_rec.refer[MAXREFH-1]='\0';
        }

        Since MAXHREFH is a constant, you can look it the
        header file (webalizer.h):

        #define MAXREF 1024 /* Max referrer field size*/

        #define MAXREFH 128 /* Max referrer field size in
        htab */

        I'm not sure, but I think MAXREF is the size for
        internal use of webalizer, while MAXREFH is the size
        of what you finally can see in the stats report. You
        should download the source code, edit it to change
        MAXREFH to 256 (any multiple of 32 will do) and
        recompile the program.

        > On webplaza.pt.lu/dwinti/webalizer_user_agents.gif
        > you could see an
        > example. Look the Mozilla 5.0 at the end there are
        > missing
        > informations.

        If you look at my stats (I'm using webdruid, a
        webalizer fork) you will see that the agent name
        appears in its enterity because I changed MAXHREFTAB
        to 512. Actually, 256 should be more than enough, but
        I have plenty RAM :)

        http://griho.udl.es/usatge/server_raw/usage_200505.html

        If you want to change the tables in the HTMl report,
        open "output.c" and search for the functions "void
        top_agents_table()" and "void dump_all_agents()". You
        can easily change the values in the printf, like in
        this line:

        fprintf(out_fp,"<TABLE WIDTH=510 BORDER=2
        CELLSPACING=1 CELLPADDING=1>\n");

        http://mail.yahoo.com