monitoring outgoing link

  • Daniel Wintersdorf
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2005
      Hello,

      i use webalizer since any weeks and are very satisfied with the
      programm.
      But i have again a little problem. On the homepage i have an outgoing
      link to a sponsor. Is there a way to monitor this link and to see how
      often i was used.

      sinceely

      --
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Daniel Wintersdorf
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2005
        Daniel Wintersdorf wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >i use webalizer since any weeks and are very satisfied with the
        >programm.
        >But i have again a little problem. On the homepage i have an outgoing
        >link to a sponsor. Is there a way to monitor this link and to see how
        >often i was used.
        >
        >sinceely

        There is no way since the link to sponsor are direct link to page
        outside your server. You server will never know, anything about outer
        pages. The only way is to change direct link to link to redirector,
        which would be on your server. Then you can measure hits of the redirector.
      • Daniel Wintersdorf
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2005
          am Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005 um 11:45 schrieben Sie:

          Hi Marek

          > There is no way since the link to sponsor are direct link to page
          > outside your server. You server will never know, anything about outer
          > pages. The only way is to change direct link to link to redirector,
          > which would be on your server. Then you can measure hits of the redirector.

          Thanks for this idea. I will try to do it like you proposed.

          --
          Mit freundlichen Grüßen
          Daniel Wintersdorf