Unable to restore run data

  • Mark Steudel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
      Is there any way to recover from this error message without reanalyzing all
      of my log files?

      Error: Unable to restore run data (8)

      If I do need to do them all again, is there a way to do just the month or do
      I need to do all of the data again? Can I potentially just move on to the
      next month if I don't want to try and reanalyze all the data again?

      This is the command I am running:

      /usr/local/bin/webalizer -Q -c /raid/$server/logs/webalizer.$server.conf -p
      /raid/$server/logs/2005/03/$file

      Thanks, Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
        > Is there any way to recover from this error message without reanalyzing all
        > of my log files?
        >
        > Error: Unable to restore run data (8)
        >
        > If I do need to do them all again, is there a way to do just the month or do
        > I need to do all of the data again? Can I potentially just move on to the
        > next month if I don't want to try and reanalyze all the data again?

        You only need to to the current month. Remove your incremental data file
        (webalizer.current) and re-process your logs from the start of the month
        in chronologial order to rebuild the data file.