Countries....

  • Guy Merritt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2005
      Actually I recalled that HostnameLookup was key to this and I'd checked it - it was on (it had to be, since this was a copied httpd.conf file - but I'd double-checked) Man, this thing is driving me nuts tonight.

      I recompiled the program and rebooted the computer, ran a webalizer report, and now it appears to be working (assuming one person, from Canada, just hit the site I viewed).  Gotta be working now....yep, "US Educational" etc.

      But why would it not report the countries whose info was previously in the log?  I've actually copied and pasted log files together before and the Webalizer report had the country info for hits over an entire year (whew -  that was on oversized record).  Wouldn't all of that info be reported given that it exists in the log that Webalizer is reading?  I'm lost in this thing....  The previous logs were written with the HostnameLookup on...

      Thanks,

      Guy Merritt
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2005
        If you logs have resolved hostnames, then you will get TLD information
        automaticaly. The only way you get 100% unresolved is if you only have
        IP addresses your logs. The webalizer does cannot 'unresolve' hostnames.