RE: [webalizer] I will pay for help

  • Paul Whitaker
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

      Following your instructions, I get this:

      here is most of the info in my config file:

      LogFile        c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

      LogType     iis

      OutputDir      c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

      #HistoryName      webalizer.hist

      Incremental yes

      #IncrementalName  webalizer.current

      #ReportTitle    Usage Statistics for

      HostName       www.jeeptales.com

      #HTMLExtension  html

      PageType    htm*

      PageType    cfm

      #PageType   phtml

      #PageType   php3

      #PageType   pl

      #UseHTTPS       no

      #DNSCache   dns_cache.db

      #DNSChildren      0

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
        I did not say to use

        LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

        but

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
          Kristof,

          Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
          might have been done weeks ago.

          Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?

          Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

          LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

          but
          4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
          should be
          FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

          On Apr 5, 2005 1:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

          > Following your instructions, I get this:
          >

          > here is most of the info in my config file:
          >

          > LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\
          >

          > LogType iis
          >

          > OutputDir c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com
          >

          > #HistoryName webalizer.hist
          >

          > Incremental yes
          >

          > #IncrementalName webalizer.current
          >

          > #ReportTitle Usage Statistics for
          >

          > HostName www.jeeptales.com
          >

          > #HTMLExtension html
          >

          > PageType htm*
          >
          > PageType cfm
          >
          > #PageType phtml
          >
          > #PageType php3
          >
          > #PageType pl
          >

          > #UseHTTPS no
          >

          > #DNSCache dns_cache.db
          >

          > #DNSChildren 0

        • Kristof
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
            1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
            the directory that webalizer uses.
            Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

            2) yes you can.
            You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
            site1.conf
            site2.conf
            site3.conf

            If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

            for example
            CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
            webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
            webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
            webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

            Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
            If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
            Be patiens ;)

            byby
            Kristof

          • Paul Whitaker
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

              1)       Place the old log file in which directory? LogFile or FolderLog or where webalizer.exe is?

              2)       Thank you again

              1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
              the directory that webalizer uses.
              Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

              2) yes you can.
              You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
              site1.conf
              site2.conf
              site3.conf

              If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

              for example
              CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
              webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
              webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
              webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

              Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
              If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
              Be patiens ;)

              byby
              Kristof

              On Apr 5, 2005 10:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
              > Kristof,
              >
              > Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
              > might have been done weeks ago.
              >
              > Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?
              >
              > Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

            • Kristof
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                folderlog

                FolderLog

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                  > If this is done create a batchfile with every
                  > several webalizers with option -c
                  >
                  > for example
                  > CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                  > webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                  > webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                  > webalizer.exe -c site3.bat
                  >
                  > Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                  > If you have verry big log files it will take a lot
                  > of time to run them.
                  > Be patiens ;)

                  He means to create a file named runlog.bat with these
                  contents:

                  webalizer.exe -c site1.conf
                  webalizer.exe -c site2.conf
                  webalizer.exe -c site3.conf

                  sorry, I couldn't resist correcting this.

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                • Kristof
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 11, 2005
                    thx for correcting.