Re: [webalizer] I will pay for help

  • Kristof
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5 1:44 AM
      Sorry for this mail.

      What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows
      http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

      unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C
      now
      in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)
      you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

      1)
      #OutputDir /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage
      the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So
      if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place
      OutputDir c:\weblog1
      in the config file
      2) #Incremental no
      uncomment and place set it on yes
      Incremental yes
      3) #HostName localhost
      should be
      HostName www.yourdomainname.be
      4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
      should be
      FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

      now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the
      following command

      go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)
      type following command
      webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

      Hope this helps ;)

      Greetz
      Kristof

      On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:
      > Ok
      >
      > What i need is
      > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
      > 2) the path to your log directory
      > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
      > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
      > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer
      >
      > Greetz
      > kristof
      >

      > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > When I follow the first site's instructions:
      > >

      > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…
      > > did not get any better.
      > >

      > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.
      > >

      > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

    • Paul Whitaker
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5 4:36 AM

        Following your instructions, I get this:

        here is most of the info in my config file:

        LogFile        c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

        LogType     iis

        OutputDir      c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

        #HistoryName      webalizer.hist

        Incremental yes

        #IncrementalName  webalizer.current

        #ReportTitle    Usage Statistics for

        HostName       www.jeeptales.com

        #HTMLExtension  html

        PageType    htm*

        PageType    cfm

        #PageType   phtml

        #PageType   php3

        #PageType   pl

        #UseHTTPS       no

        #DNSCache   dns_cache.db

        #DNSChildren      0

        What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows

        http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

        unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C

        now

        in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)

        you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

        1)

        #OutputDir      /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage

        the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So

        if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place

        OutputDir c:\weblog1

        in the config file

        2) #Incremental   no

        uncomment and place set it on yes

        Incremental yes

        3) #HostName       localhost

        should be

        HostName       www.yourdomainname.be

        4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\

        should be

        FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

        now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the

        following command

        go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)

        type following command

        webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

        Hope this helps ;)

        Greetz

        Kristof

        On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:

        > Ok

        > What i need is

        > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer

        > 2) the path to your log directory

        > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in

        > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?

        > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

        > Greetz

        > kristof

        > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

        > > When I follow the first site's instructions:

        > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…

        > > did not get any better.

        > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.

        > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Kristof
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5 7:53 AM
          I did not say to use

          LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

          but

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5 1:36 PM
            Kristof,

            Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
            might have been done weeks ago.

            Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?

            Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5 2:09 PM
              1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
              the directory that webalizer uses.
              Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

              2) yes you can.
              You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
              site1.conf
              site2.conf
              site3.conf

              If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

              for example
              CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
              webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
              webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
              webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

              Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
              If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
              Be patiens ;)

              byby
              Kristof

            • Paul Whitaker
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5 2:17 PM

                1)       Place the old log file in which directory? LogFile or FolderLog or where webalizer.exe is?

                2)       Thank you again

                1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                the directory that webalizer uses.
                Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                2) yes you can.
                You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                site1.conf
                site2.conf
                site3.conf

                If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                for example
                CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                Be patiens ;)

                byby
                Kristof

                On Apr 5, 2005 10:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
                > Kristof,
                >
                > Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                > might have been done weeks ago.
                >
                > Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?
                >
                > Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

              • Kristof
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 6 2:18 AM
                  folderlog

                  FolderLog

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 6 12:36 PM
                    > If this is done create a batchfile with every
                    > several webalizers with option -c
                    >
                    > for example
                    > CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                    > webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                    > webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                    > webalizer.exe -c site3.bat
                    >
                    > Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                    > If you have verry big log files it will take a lot
                    > of time to run them.
                    > Be patiens ;)

                    He means to create a file named runlog.bat with these
                    contents:

                    webalizer.exe -c site1.conf
                    webalizer.exe -c site2.conf
                    webalizer.exe -c site3.conf

                    sorry, I couldn't resist correcting this.

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • Kristof
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 11 7:53 AM
                      thx for correcting.