Re: [webalizer] I will pay for help

  • Kristof
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
      Ok

      What i need is
      1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
      2) the path to your log directory
      3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
      4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
      5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

      Greetz
      kristof

      On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

      > When I follow the first site's instructions:
      >

      > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…
      > did not get any better.
      >

      > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.
      >

      > What is the executable file for webalizer?

    • Kristof
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
        Sorry for this mail.

        What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows
        http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

        unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C
        now
        in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)
        you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

        1)
        #OutputDir /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage
        the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So
        if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place
        OutputDir c:\weblog1
        in the config file
        2) #Incremental no
        uncomment and place set it on yes
        Incremental yes
        3) #HostName localhost
        should be
        HostName www.yourdomainname.be
        4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
        should be
        FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

        now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the
        following command

        go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)
        type following command
        webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

        Hope this helps ;)

        Greetz
        Kristof

        On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:
        > Ok
        >
        > What i need is
        > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
        > 2) the path to your log directory
        > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
        > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
        > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer
        >
        > Greetz
        > kristof
        >

        > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > When I follow the first site's instructions:
        > >

        > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…
        > > did not get any better.
        > >

        > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.
        > >

        > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

      • Paul Whitaker
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

          Following your instructions, I get this:

          here is most of the info in my config file:

          LogFile        c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

          LogType     iis

          OutputDir      c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

          #HistoryName      webalizer.hist

          Incremental yes

          #IncrementalName  webalizer.current

          #ReportTitle    Usage Statistics for

          HostName       www.jeeptales.com

          #HTMLExtension  html

          PageType    htm*

          PageType    cfm

          #PageType   phtml

          #PageType   php3

          #PageType   pl

          #UseHTTPS       no

          #DNSCache   dns_cache.db

          #DNSChildren      0

          What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows

          http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

          unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C

          now

          in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)

          you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

          1)

          #OutputDir      /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage

          the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So

          if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place

          OutputDir c:\weblog1

          in the config file

          2) #Incremental   no

          uncomment and place set it on yes

          Incremental yes

          3) #HostName       localhost

          should be

          HostName       www.yourdomainname.be

          4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\

          should be

          FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

          now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the

          following command

          go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)

          type following command

          webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

          Hope this helps ;)

          Greetz

          Kristof

          On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:

          > Ok

          > What i need is

          > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer

          > 2) the path to your log directory

          > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in

          > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?

          > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

          > Greetz

          > kristof

          > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

          > > When I follow the first site's instructions:

          > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…

          > > did not get any better.

          > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.

          > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Kristof
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
            I did not say to use

            LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

            but

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
              Kristof,

              Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
              might have been done weeks ago.

              Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?

              Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                the directory that webalizer uses.
                Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                2) yes you can.
                You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                site1.conf
                site2.conf
                site3.conf

                If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                for example
                CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                Be patiens ;)

                byby
                Kristof

              • Paul Whitaker
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

                  1)       Place the old log file in which directory? LogFile or FolderLog or where webalizer.exe is?

                  2)       Thank you again

                  1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                  the directory that webalizer uses.
                  Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                  2) yes you can.
                  You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                  site1.conf
                  site2.conf
                  site3.conf

                  If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                  for example
                  CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                  webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                  webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                  webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                  Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                  If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                  Be patiens ;)

                  byby
                  Kristof

                  On Apr 5, 2005 10:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
                  > Kristof,
                  >
                  > Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                  > might have been done weeks ago.
                  >
                  > Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?
                  >
                  > Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                • Kristof
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                    folderlog

                    FolderLog

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                      > If this is done create a batchfile with every
                      > several webalizers with option -c
                      >
                      > for example
                      > CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                      > webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                      > webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                      > webalizer.exe -c site3.bat
                      >
                      > Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                      > If you have verry big log files it will take a lot
                      > of time to run them.
                      > Be patiens ;)

                      He means to create a file named runlog.bat with these
                      contents:

                      webalizer.exe -c site1.conf
                      webalizer.exe -c site2.conf
                      webalizer.exe -c site3.conf

                      sorry, I couldn't resist correcting this.

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • Kristof
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 11, 2005
                        thx for correcting.