RE: [webalizer] I will pay for help

  • Paul Whitaker
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005

      When I follow the first site’s instructions:

      The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error… did not get any better.

      The second site’s instructions were too vague for me.

      What is the executable file for webalizer?

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
        Ok

        What i need is
        1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
        2) the path to your log directory
        3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
        4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
        5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

        Greetz
        kristof

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
          Sorry for this mail.

          What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows
          http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

          unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C
          now
          in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)
          you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

          1)
          #OutputDir /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage
          the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So
          if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place
          OutputDir c:\weblog1
          in the config file
          2) #Incremental no
          uncomment and place set it on yes
          Incremental yes
          3) #HostName localhost
          should be
          HostName www.yourdomainname.be
          4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
          should be
          FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

          now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the
          following command

          go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)
          type following command
          webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

          Hope this helps ;)

          Greetz
          Kristof

          On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:
          > Ok
          >
          > What i need is
          > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
          > 2) the path to your log directory
          > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
          > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
          > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer
          >
          > Greetz
          > kristof
          >

          > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > When I follow the first site's instructions:
          > >

          > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…
          > > did not get any better.
          > >

          > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.
          > >

          > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

        • Paul Whitaker
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

            Following your instructions, I get this:

            here is most of the info in my config file:

            LogFile        c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

            LogType     iis

            OutputDir      c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

            #HistoryName      webalizer.hist

            Incremental yes

            #IncrementalName  webalizer.current

            #ReportTitle    Usage Statistics for

            HostName       www.jeeptales.com

            #HTMLExtension  html

            PageType    htm*

            PageType    cfm

            #PageType   phtml

            #PageType   php3

            #PageType   pl

            #UseHTTPS       no

            #DNSCache   dns_cache.db

            #DNSChildren      0

            What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows

            http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

            unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C

            now

            in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)

            you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

            1)

            #OutputDir      /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage

            the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So

            if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place

            OutputDir c:\weblog1

            in the config file

            2) #Incremental   no

            uncomment and place set it on yes

            Incremental yes

            3) #HostName       localhost

            should be

            HostName       www.yourdomainname.be

            4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\

            should be

            FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

            now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the

            following command

            go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)

            type following command

            webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

            Hope this helps ;)

            Greetz

            Kristof

            On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:

            > Ok

            > What i need is

            > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer

            > 2) the path to your log directory

            > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in

            > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?

            > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

            > Greetz

            > kristof

            > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

            > > When I follow the first site's instructions:

            > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…

            > > did not get any better.

            > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.

            > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

            Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Kristof
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
              I did not say to use

              LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

              but

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                Kristof,

                Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                might have been done weeks ago.

                Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?

                Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                  1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                  the directory that webalizer uses.
                  Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                  2) yes you can.
                  You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                  site1.conf
                  site2.conf
                  site3.conf

                  If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                  for example
                  CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                  webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                  webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                  webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                  Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                  If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                  Be patiens ;)

                  byby
                  Kristof

                • Paul Whitaker
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

                    1)       Place the old log file in which directory? LogFile or FolderLog or where webalizer.exe is?

                    2)       Thank you again

                    1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                    the directory that webalizer uses.
                    Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                    2) yes you can.
                    You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                    site1.conf
                    site2.conf
                    site3.conf

                    If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                    for example
                    CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                    webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                    webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                    webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                    Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                    If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                    Be patiens ;)

                    byby
                    Kristof

                    On Apr 5, 2005 10:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
                    > Kristof,
                    >
                    > Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                    > might have been done weeks ago.
                    >
                    > Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?
                    >
                    > Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                  • Kristof
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                      folderlog

                      FolderLog

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                        > If this is done create a batchfile with every
                        > several webalizers with option -c
                        >
                        > for example
                        > CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                        > webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                        > webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                        > webalizer.exe -c site3.bat
                        >
                        > Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                        > If you have verry big log files it will take a lot
                        > of time to run them.
                        > Be patiens ;)

                        He means to create a file named runlog.bat with these
                        contents:

                        webalizer.exe -c site1.conf
                        webalizer.exe -c site2.conf
                        webalizer.exe -c site3.conf

                        sorry, I couldn't resist correcting this.

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • Kristof
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 11, 2005
                          thx for correcting.