Re: [webalizer] I will pay for help

  • Kristof
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
      It is not that difficult to do it on a windows machine.

      in fact you can find some info on the following webpages:

      http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html
      http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

      What is the problem that you have to set it up?

      On Apr 4, 2005 5:00 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

      > I have tried to install Webalizer on my Windows server. I need stats now and
      > I am willing to pay someone to do it for me. Reply with offers.

    • Paul Whitaker
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005

        When I follow the first site’s instructions:

        The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error… did not get any better.

        The second site’s instructions were too vague for me.

        What is the executable file for webalizer?

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
          Ok

          What i need is
          1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
          2) the path to your log directory
          3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
          4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
          5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

          Greetz
          kristof

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
            Sorry for this mail.

            What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows
            http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

            unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C
            now
            in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)
            you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

            1)
            #OutputDir /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage
            the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So
            if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place
            OutputDir c:\weblog1
            in the config file
            2) #Incremental no
            uncomment and place set it on yes
            Incremental yes
            3) #HostName localhost
            should be
            HostName www.yourdomainname.be
            4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
            should be
            FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

            now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the
            following command

            go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)
            type following command
            webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

            Hope this helps ;)

            Greetz
            Kristof

            On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:
            > Ok
            >
            > What i need is
            > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
            > 2) the path to your log directory
            > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
            > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
            > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer
            >
            > Greetz
            > kristof
            >

            > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > When I follow the first site's instructions:
            > >

            > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…
            > > did not get any better.
            > >

            > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.
            > >

            > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

          • Paul Whitaker
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

              Following your instructions, I get this:

              here is most of the info in my config file:

              LogFile        c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

              LogType     iis

              OutputDir      c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

              #HistoryName      webalizer.hist

              Incremental yes

              #IncrementalName  webalizer.current

              #ReportTitle    Usage Statistics for

              HostName       www.jeeptales.com

              #HTMLExtension  html

              PageType    htm*

              PageType    cfm

              #PageType   phtml

              #PageType   php3

              #PageType   pl

              #UseHTTPS       no

              #DNSCache   dns_cache.db

              #DNSChildren      0

              What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows

              http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

              unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C

              now

              in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)

              you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

              1)

              #OutputDir      /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage

              the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So

              if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place

              OutputDir c:\weblog1

              in the config file

              2) #Incremental   no

              uncomment and place set it on yes

              Incremental yes

              3) #HostName       localhost

              should be

              HostName       www.yourdomainname.be

              4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\

              should be

              FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

              now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the

              following command

              go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)

              type following command

              webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

              Hope this helps ;)

              Greetz

              Kristof

              On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:

              > Ok

              > What i need is

              > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer

              > 2) the path to your log directory

              > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in

              > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?

              > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

              > Greetz

              > kristof

              > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

              > > When I follow the first site's instructions:

              > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…

              > > did not get any better.

              > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.

              > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

              Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Kristof
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                I did not say to use

                LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

                but

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                  Kristof,

                  Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                  might have been done weeks ago.

                  Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?

                  Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                    1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                    the directory that webalizer uses.
                    Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                    2) yes you can.
                    You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                    site1.conf
                    site2.conf
                    site3.conf

                    If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                    for example
                    CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                    webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                    webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                    webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                    Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                    If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                    Be patiens ;)

                    byby
                    Kristof

                  • Paul Whitaker
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

                      1)       Place the old log file in which directory? LogFile or FolderLog or where webalizer.exe is?

                      2)       Thank you again

                      1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                      the directory that webalizer uses.
                      Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                      2) yes you can.
                      You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                      site1.conf
                      site2.conf
                      site3.conf

                      If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                      for example
                      CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                      webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                      webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                      webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                      Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                      If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                      Be patiens ;)

                      byby
                      Kristof

                      On Apr 5, 2005 10:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
                      > Kristof,
                      >
                      > Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                      > might have been done weeks ago.
                      >
                      > Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?
                      >
                      > Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                    • Kristof
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                        folderlog

                        FolderLog

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                          > If this is done create a batchfile with every
                          > several webalizers with option -c
                          >
                          > for example
                          > CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                          > webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                          > webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                          > webalizer.exe -c site3.bat
                          >
                          > Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                          > If you have verry big log files it will take a lot
                          > of time to run them.
                          > Be patiens ;)

                          He means to create a file named runlog.bat with these
                          contents:

                          webalizer.exe -c site1.conf
                          webalizer.exe -c site2.conf
                          webalizer.exe -c site3.conf

                          sorry, I couldn't resist correcting this.

                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                        • Kristof
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 11, 2005
                            thx for correcting.