RE: [webalizer] I will pay for help

  • Greene, Jason A [ITS]
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4 6:43 AM
      Internal or external to Sprint?

       can help you... what is th issue?

      Jason

      From: Paul Whitaker [mailto:pwhit4@...]
      Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:01 PM
      To: webalizer@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [webalizer] I will pay for help

      I have tried to install Webalizer on my Windows server. I need stats now and I am willing to pay someone to do it for me. Reply with offers.

    • Kristof
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4 1:48 PM
        It is not that difficult to do it on a windows machine.

        in fact you can find some info on the following webpages:

        http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html
        http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        What is the problem that you have to set it up?

        On Apr 4, 2005 5:00 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

        > I have tried to install Webalizer on my Windows server. I need stats now and
        > I am willing to pay someone to do it for me. Reply with offers.

      • Paul Whitaker
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4 8:32 PM

          When I follow the first site’s instructions:

          The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error… did not get any better.

          The second site’s instructions were too vague for me.

          What is the executable file for webalizer?

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5 1:22 AM
            Ok

            What i need is
            1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
            2) the path to your log directory
            3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
            4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
            5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

            Greetz
            kristof

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5 1:44 AM
              Sorry for this mail.

              What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows
              http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

              unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C
              now
              in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)
              you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

              1)
              #OutputDir /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage
              the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So
              if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place
              OutputDir c:\weblog1
              in the config file
              2) #Incremental no
              uncomment and place set it on yes
              Incremental yes
              3) #HostName localhost
              should be
              HostName www.yourdomainname.be
              4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
              should be
              FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

              now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the
              following command

              go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)
              type following command
              webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

              Hope this helps ;)

              Greetz
              Kristof

              On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:
              > Ok
              >
              > What i need is
              > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
              > 2) the path to your log directory
              > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
              > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
              > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer
              >
              > Greetz
              > kristof
              >

              > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > When I follow the first site's instructions:
              > >

              > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…
              > > did not get any better.
              > >

              > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.
              > >

              > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

            • Paul Whitaker
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5 4:36 AM

                Following your instructions, I get this:

                here is most of the info in my config file:

                LogFile        c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

                LogType     iis

                OutputDir      c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

                #HistoryName      webalizer.hist

                Incremental yes

                #IncrementalName  webalizer.current

                #ReportTitle    Usage Statistics for

                HostName       www.jeeptales.com

                #HTMLExtension  html

                PageType    htm*

                PageType    cfm

                #PageType   phtml

                #PageType   php3

                #PageType   pl

                #UseHTTPS       no

                #DNSCache   dns_cache.db

                #DNSChildren      0

                What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows

                http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

                unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C

                now

                in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)

                you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

                1)

                #OutputDir      /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage

                the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So

                if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place

                OutputDir c:\weblog1

                in the config file

                2) #Incremental   no

                uncomment and place set it on yes

                Incremental yes

                3) #HostName       localhost

                should be

                HostName       www.yourdomainname.be

                4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\

                should be

                FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

                now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the

                following command

                go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)

                type following command

                webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

                Hope this helps ;)

                Greetz

                Kristof

                On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:

                > Ok

                > What i need is

                > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer

                > 2) the path to your log directory

                > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in

                > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?

                > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

                > Greetz

                > kristof

                > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

                > > When I follow the first site's instructions:

                > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…

                > > did not get any better.

                > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.

                > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Kristof
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5 7:53 AM
                  I did not say to use

                  LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

                  but

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5 1:36 PM
                    Kristof,

                    Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                    might have been done weeks ago.

                    Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?

                    Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 5 2:09 PM
                      1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                      the directory that webalizer uses.
                      Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                      2) yes you can.
                      You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                      site1.conf
                      site2.conf
                      site3.conf

                      If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                      for example
                      CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                      webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                      webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                      webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                      Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                      If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                      Be patiens ;)

                      byby
                      Kristof

                    • Paul Whitaker
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 5 2:17 PM

                        1)       Place the old log file in which directory? LogFile or FolderLog or where webalizer.exe is?

                        2)       Thank you again

                        1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                        the directory that webalizer uses.
                        Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                        2) yes you can.
                        You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                        site1.conf
                        site2.conf
                        site3.conf

                        If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                        for example
                        CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                        webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                        webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                        webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                        Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                        If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                        Be patiens ;)

                        byby
                        Kristof

                        On Apr 5, 2005 10:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
                        > Kristof,
                        >
                        > Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                        > might have been done weeks ago.
                        >
                        > Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?
                        >
                        > Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                      • Kristof
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 6 2:18 AM
                          folderlog

                          FolderLog

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 6 12:36 PM
                            > If this is done create a batchfile with every
                            > several webalizers with option -c
                            >
                            > for example
                            > CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                            > webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                            > webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                            > webalizer.exe -c site3.bat
                            >
                            > Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                            > If you have verry big log files it will take a lot
                            > of time to run them.
                            > Be patiens ;)

                            He means to create a file named runlog.bat with these
                            contents:

                            webalizer.exe -c site1.conf
                            webalizer.exe -c site2.conf
                            webalizer.exe -c site3.conf

                            sorry, I couldn't resist correcting this.

                            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                          • Kristof
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 11 7:53 AM
                              thx for correcting.