I will pay for help

  • Paul Whitaker
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 3, 2005

      I have tried to install Webalizer on my Windows server. I need stats now and I am willing to pay someone to do it for me. Reply with offers.

    • Greene, Jason A [ITS]
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
        Internal or external to Sprint?

         can help you... what is th issue?

        Jason

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005
          It is not that difficult to do it on a windows machine.

          in fact you can find some info on the following webpages:

          http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html
          http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

          What is the problem that you have to set it up?

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 4, 2005

            When I follow the first site’s instructions:

            The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error… did not get any better.

            The second site’s instructions were too vague for me.

            What is the executable file for webalizer?

            It is not that difficult to do it on a windows machine.

            in fact you can find some info on the following webpages:

            http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html
            http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

            What is the problem that you have to set it up?

            On Apr 4, 2005 5:00 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

            > I have tried to install Webalizer on my Windows server. I need stats now and
            > I am willing to pay someone to do it for me. Reply with offers.

          • Kristof
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
              Ok

              What i need is
              1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
              2) the path to your log directory
              3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
              4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
              5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

              Greetz
              kristof

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                Sorry for this mail.

                What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows
                http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

                unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C
                now
                in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)
                you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

                1)
                #OutputDir /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage
                the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So
                if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place
                OutputDir c:\weblog1
                in the config file
                2) #Incremental no
                uncomment and place set it on yes
                Incremental yes
                3) #HostName localhost
                should be
                HostName www.yourdomainname.be
                4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\
                should be
                FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

                now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the
                following command

                go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)
                type following command
                webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

                Hope this helps ;)

                Greetz
                Kristof

                On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:
                > Ok
                >
                > What i need is
                > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer
                > 2) the path to your log directory
                > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in
                > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?
                > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer
                >
                > Greetz
                > kristof
                >

                > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > When I follow the first site's instructions:
                > >

                > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…
                > > did not get any better.
                > >

                > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.
                > >

                > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

              • Paul Whitaker
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

                  Following your instructions, I get this:

                  here is most of the info in my config file:

                  LogFile        c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

                  LogType     iis

                  OutputDir      c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

                  #HistoryName      webalizer.hist

                  Incremental yes

                  #IncrementalName  webalizer.current

                  #ReportTitle    Usage Statistics for

                  HostName       www.jeeptales.com

                  #HTMLExtension  html

                  PageType    htm*

                  PageType    cfm

                  #PageType   phtml

                  #PageType   php3

                  #PageType   pl

                  #UseHTTPS       no

                  #DNSCache   dns_cache.db

                  #DNSChildren      0

                  What you have to do 1ste is download the webalizer for windows

                  http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Version2_1_10_RB02/webalizer2.01.10.RB02.english.zip

                  unzip the file into the directory "webalizer" on your C

                  now

                  in this directory you will find a config script(sample.conf)

                  you should in there specify some information used to run the webalizer program

                  1)

                  #OutputDir      /var/lib/httpd/htdocs/usage

                  the outputdir is the dir where the statistics will be generated in. So

                  if you like to have it in c:\weblog1 for example just place

                  OutputDir c:\weblog1

                  in the config file

                  2) #Incremental   no

                  uncomment and place set it on yes

                  Incremental yes

                  3) #HostName       localhost

                  should be

                  HostName       www.yourdomainname.be

                  4) # FolderLog c:\wa001\logiis\

                  should be

                  FolderLog c:\directory_off_logfiles_from_your_webserver

                  now if the config is done correctly you can start running it by the

                  following command

                  go to the dir where webalizer.exe file is in (the unzipped files)

                  type following command

                  webalizer.exe -c sample.conf

                  Hope this helps ;)

                  Greetz

                  Kristof

                  On Apr 5, 2005 10:22 AM, Kristof <kristof.gooris@...> wrote:

                  > Ok

                  > What i need is

                  > 1) your config file site.conf that is used to run the webalizer

                  > 2) the path to your log directory

                  > 3) the path where the statistics should be placed in

                  > 4) Should the logs be generated for more than 1 website?

                  > 5) Witch version do you use off webalizer

                  > Greetz

                  > kristof

                  > On Apr 5, 2005 5:32 AM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

                  > > When I follow the first site's instructions:

                  > > The third time I tried it, I remarked the line that was causing the error…

                  > > did not get any better.

                  > > The second site's instructions were too vague for me.

                  > > What is the executable file for webalizer?

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Kristof
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                    I did not say to use

                    LogFile c:\winnt\system32\logfiles\w3svc51\

                    but

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                      Kristof,

                      Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                      might have been done weeks ago.

                      Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?

                      Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005
                        1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                        the directory that webalizer uses.
                        Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                        2) yes you can.
                        You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                        site1.conf
                        site2.conf
                        site3.conf

                        If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                        for example
                        CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                        webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                        webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                        webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                        Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                        If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                        Be patiens ;)

                        byby
                        Kristof

                      • Paul Whitaker
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 5, 2005

                          1)       Place the old log file in which directory? LogFile or FolderLog or where webalizer.exe is?

                          2)       Thank you again

                          1) yes it is possibul. Just place the old log filex ex010101.log in
                          the directory that webalizer uses.
                          Then delete all files in the output dir and run webalizer again.

                          2) yes you can.
                          You have to create a config file for every website so youu have for example
                          site1.conf
                          site2.conf
                          site3.conf

                          If this is done create a batchfile with every several webalizers with option -c

                          for example
                          CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                          webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                          webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                          webalizer.exe -c site3.bat

                          Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                          If you have verry big log files it will take a lot of time to run them.
                          Be patiens ;)

                          byby
                          Kristof

                          On Apr 5, 2005 10:36 PM, Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:
                          > Kristof,
                          >
                          > Thanks for the kick in the butt. Had I paid closer attention all along, I
                          > might have been done weeks ago.
                          >
                          > Is there a way to import the old data from previous days log files?
                          >
                          > Is there a trick for setting up multiple sites?

                        • Kristof
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                            folderlog

                            FolderLog

                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 6, 2005
                              > If this is done create a batchfile with every
                              > several webalizers with option -c
                              >
                              > for example
                              > CONTENT of file RUNLOG.BAT
                              > webalizer.exe -c site1.bat
                              > webalizer.exe -c site2.bat
                              > webalizer.exe -c site3.bat
                              >
                              > Than place this batch file in your sheduler.
                              > If you have verry big log files it will take a lot
                              > of time to run them.
                              > Be patiens ;)

                              He means to create a file named runlog.bat with these
                              contents:

                              webalizer.exe -c site1.conf
                              webalizer.exe -c site2.conf
                              webalizer.exe -c site3.conf

                              sorry, I couldn't resist correcting this.

                              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                            • Kristof
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 11, 2005
                                thx for correcting.