- I just downloaded the latest version and complied webalizer on a RHEL
box. Everything went well (I did have to download and install the
gd-devel rpm, but that was to be expected). I've been crunching the
logs for the last couple of years. About 80% of the time everything
goes fine. However about 20% of the time I get a Segmentation fault.
It doesn't give any other message, it just starts and dies quickly.
I can reissue the exact same command and get differnt results.
For example I can type
/usr/local/bin/webalizer -p -c \
/export/home/strycat/w3logs/conf/dept1_division1.conf -o \
/export/home/strycat/w3logs/reports/dept1/division1/ -t \
"Dept1_Division1 on " -n myserver.com \
it will work fine, but if I do it a 2nd time it will give the
SegFault. Sometimes it will just give the SegFault the first time.
The reason I went with the source code was that the rpm that came with
RHEL was complaining about the dns_cache.db and SegFaulting. It kept
doing that even after I commented out the DNSCache in the conf file.
I removed the RPM and went with the source code.
The current install does not complain about the dns_cache.db so I
think that has been taken care of. I'm just wondering now how to
figure out what is going on with the SegFault.
The thing that bothers me is that it now seems completely random. If
anyone needs more info, just tell me how to get it and I'll post it.
Thanks for your help.