Hits v Visits

  • raysloan1
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2005
      Hi,

      I am sure that this question must have been asked before, but please
      bear with me as I am new to the group; could someone please explain
      to me the difference between 'Visits' and 'Hits' ? Thanks in advance

      Cheers.

      Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2005
        > I am sure that this question must have been asked before, but please
        > bear with me as I am new to the group; could someone please explain
        > to me the difference between 'Visits' and 'Hits' ? Thanks in advance

        Please see: http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/webalizer_help.html
        for info on metrics used.

      • Sergeiy Sandler
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2005
          Hi,

          I've also alked this question once, and got a reply that didn't mean
          much to me, so that's my chance to ask again. The site I'm
          administrating has something like 250 hits for every visit, but for some
          pages it might have three times more visits than hits, and it just
          doesn't make sense!

          Any suggestions?

          Thanks,
          Sergeiy.