Re: [webalizer] Warning: Invalid keyword 'DNSCache'

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2005
      Probably your version of webalizer does not support
      DNS resolving. This means that the visitor's IPs will
      not be translated to its corresponding domains.

      If you look at your "Total Sites" lists you will
      probably notice that there are only IPs, instead of a
      mix of IPs and domains. Unless, of course, you already
      have DNS resolving activated in Apache (look for
      HostnameLookups in httpd.conf).

      --- guy_merritt <guy@...> wrote:

      > Racing around here like a madam as I have to be at
      > work in 20
      > minutes. I upgraded from RedHat 7.3 to RedHat
      > Enterprise Linux last
      > night. Everything is fine EXCEPT
      >
      > when I run webalizer it seems to read the apache
      > logs alright
      > (creating the .html stats page) but the terminal, as
      > opposed to the
      > standard output, says : "Warning: Invalid keyword
      > 'DNSCache'
      > (/etc/webalizer.conf)" and the same thing for 'DNS
      > Children'. What
      > is going on with this? Any help is greatly
      > appreciated..... had a
      > bunch of bad media and was up almost all night just
      > trying to
      > install RedHat - that's a new one...
      >
      > I think the version of webalizer is 2.01-09
      >

      > Thanks very much
      >
      > Guy Merritt

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Guy Merritt
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2005
        I had inadvertently chosen "webserver" at the beginning of the install....I
        removed the rpm and the thing works fine (I compile it)...

        Thanks though..

        Guy Merritt