Warning: Invalid keyword 'DNSCache'

  • guy_merritt
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2005
      Racing around here like a madam as I have to be at work in 20
      minutes. I upgraded from RedHat 7.3 to RedHat Enterprise Linux last
      night. Everything is fine EXCEPT

      when I run webalizer it seems to read the apache logs alright
      (creating the .html stats page) but the terminal, as opposed to the
      standard output, says : "Warning: Invalid keyword 'DNSCache'
      (/etc/webalizer.conf)" and the same thing for 'DNS Children'. What
      is going on with this? Any help is greatly appreciated..... had a
      bunch of bad media and was up almost all night just trying to
      install RedHat - that's a new one...

      I think the version of webalizer is 2.01-09

      Thanks very much

      Guy Merritt
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2005
        Probably your version of webalizer does not support
        DNS resolving. This means that the visitor's IPs will
        not be translated to its corresponding domains.

        If you look at your "Total Sites" lists you will
        probably notice that there are only IPs, instead of a
        mix of IPs and domains. Unless, of course, you already
        have DNS resolving activated in Apache (look for
        HostnameLookups in httpd.conf).

        --- guy_merritt <guy@...> wrote:

        > Racing around here like a madam as I have to be at
        > work in 20
        > minutes. I upgraded from RedHat 7.3 to RedHat
        > Enterprise Linux last
        > night. Everything is fine EXCEPT
        >
        > when I run webalizer it seems to read the apache
        > logs alright
        > (creating the .html stats page) but the terminal, as
        > opposed to the
        > standard output, says : "Warning: Invalid keyword
        > 'DNSCache'
        > (/etc/webalizer.conf)" and the same thing for 'DNS
        > Children'. What
        > is going on with this? Any help is greatly
        > appreciated..... had a
        > bunch of bad media and was up almost all night just
        > trying to
        > install RedHat - that's a new one...
        >
        > I think the version of webalizer is 2.01-09
        >

        > Thanks very much
        >
        > Guy Merritt

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Guy Merritt
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2005
          I had inadvertently chosen "webserver" at the beginning of the install....I
          removed the rpm and the thing works fine (I compile it)...

          Thanks though..