Re: [webalizer] Re: Search string by referrers.

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
      You may try to use webdruid, in
      http://www.webdruid.org

      Here you have a nice sample page, look in the section
      called "20 most used search phrases grouped per search
      engine". Is this what you were searching for?:

      http://www.webdruid.org/sample/usage_200307.html

      Note that I helped improving the search engine list :)

      Notice that this lists the search string by engine,
      but it then does NOT list totals for every search
      strings accross all search engines. You may ask the
      original programmer (Fabien Chevalier) to add this
      feature (probably he'll need to get paid) or you could
      send me a private email and discuss the posibility of
      getting paid for adding it myself (I already wanted to
      do it, but it costs time and I can only do it if I get
      paid).

      --- rknaak05 <rknaak05@...> wrote:

      > I agree I think this is a much needed feature in
      > webalizer. I am
      > actually looking for a programmer to add this
      > feature and a few others
      > into webalizer. If you area contract programmer and
      > want to discuss
      > specifics, please contact me.
      >
      > Rob
      >
      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty
      > <wkitty42@a...> wrote:
      > > Jason Novak wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Dear all,
      > > >
      > > > I'm trying to understand whether or not
      > webalizer has the capability
      > > > to report on search string by referrers. I know
      > you can group
      > > > referrers which is nice but I'm looking for
      > something that can show
      > > > the search string that's being typed from
      > whatever search site.
      > > >
      > > > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
      > >
      > > webalizer does do the search strings...
      > >
      > > FWIW: this may be sacriledge in this group, but
      > there is also
      > awstats which does this function and more...
      > >
      > > --
      > > _\/
      > > (@@) Waldo Kitty,
      > Waldo's Place USA
      > > __ooO_( )_Ooo_____________________
      > telnet://bbs.wpusa.dynip.com
      > > _|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____
      > http://www.wpusa.dynip.com
      > > ____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____
      > ftp://ftp.wpusa.dynip.com
      > > _|_Eat_SPAM_to_email_me!_YUM!__|_____|_____
      > wkitty42 -at- alltel.net

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • rknaak05
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, p_d_burton@c... wrote:
        > Do you specifically need the search strings to be grouped by referrer?

        Yes that is exactly what I need. I was also looking for the ability
        to have some of the statistic exported on a daily basis to a database
        (postgresql ideally) so that long term trends can be observed.

        Rob