Re: [webalizer] Re: Search string by referrers.

  • p_d_burton@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
      Do you specifically need the search strings to be grouped by referrer?
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
        You may try to use webdruid, in
        http://www.webdruid.org

        Here you have a nice sample page, look in the section
        called "20 most used search phrases grouped per search
        engine". Is this what you were searching for?:

        http://www.webdruid.org/sample/usage_200307.html

        Note that I helped improving the search engine list :)

        Notice that this lists the search string by engine,
        but it then does NOT list totals for every search
        strings accross all search engines. You may ask the
        original programmer (Fabien Chevalier) to add this
        feature (probably he'll need to get paid) or you could
        send me a private email and discuss the posibility of
        getting paid for adding it myself (I already wanted to
        do it, but it costs time and I can only do it if I get
        paid).

        --- rknaak05 <rknaak05@...> wrote:

        > I agree I think this is a much needed feature in
        > webalizer. I am
        > actually looking for a programmer to add this
        > feature and a few others
        > into webalizer. If you area contract programmer and
        > want to discuss
        > specifics, please contact me.
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty
        > <wkitty42@a...> wrote:
        > > Jason Novak wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Dear all,
        > > >
        > > > I'm trying to understand whether or not
        > webalizer has the capability
        > > > to report on search string by referrers. I know
        > you can group
        > > > referrers which is nice but I'm looking for
        > something that can show
        > > > the search string that's being typed from
        > whatever search site.
        > > >
        > > > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
        > >
        > > webalizer does do the search strings...
        > >
        > > FWIW: this may be sacriledge in this group, but
        > there is also
        > awstats which does this function and more...
        > >
        > > --
        > > _\/
        > > (@@) Waldo Kitty,
        > Waldo's Place USA
        > > __ooO_( )_Ooo_____________________
        > telnet://bbs.wpusa.dynip.com
        > > _|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____
        > http://www.wpusa.dynip.com
        > > ____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____
        > ftp://ftp.wpusa.dynip.com
        > > _|_Eat_SPAM_to_email_me!_YUM!__|_____|_____
        > wkitty42 -at- alltel.net

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • rknaak05
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, p_d_burton@c... wrote:
          > Do you specifically need the search strings to be grouped by referrer?

          Yes that is exactly what I need. I was also looking for the ability
          to have some of the statistic exported on a daily basis to a database
          (postgresql ideally) so that long term trends can be observed.

          Rob