Search string by referrers.

  • Jason Novak
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
      Dear all,

      I'm trying to understand whether or not webalizer has the capability
      to report on search string by referrers. I know you can group
      referrers which is nice but I'm looking for something that can show
      the search string that's being typed from whatever search site.

      Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

      Best Regards,

      Jason
    • waldo kitty
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
        Jason Novak wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I'm trying to understand whether or not webalizer has the capability
        > to report on search string by referrers. I know you can group
        > referrers which is nice but I'm looking for something that can show
        > the search string that's being typed from whatever search site.
        >
        > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

        webalizer does do the search strings...

        FWIW: this may be sacriledge in this group, but there is also awstats which does this function and more...

        --
        _\/
        (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
          I agree I think this is a much needed feature in webalizer. I am
          actually looking for a programmer to add this feature and a few others
          into webalizer. If you area contract programmer and want to discuss
          specifics, please contact me.

          Rob

        • p_d_burton@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
            Do you specifically need the search strings to be grouped by referrer?
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
              You may try to use webdruid, in
              http://www.webdruid.org

              Here you have a nice sample page, look in the section
              called "20 most used search phrases grouped per search
              engine". Is this what you were searching for?:

              http://www.webdruid.org/sample/usage_200307.html

              Note that I helped improving the search engine list :)

              Notice that this lists the search string by engine,
              but it then does NOT list totals for every search
              strings accross all search engines. You may ask the
              original programmer (Fabien Chevalier) to add this
              feature (probably he'll need to get paid) or you could
              send me a private email and discuss the posibility of
              getting paid for adding it myself (I already wanted to
              do it, but it costs time and I can only do it if I get
              paid).

              --- rknaak05 <rknaak05@...> wrote:

              > I agree I think this is a much needed feature in
              > webalizer. I am
              > actually looking for a programmer to add this
              > feature and a few others
              > into webalizer. If you area contract programmer and
              > want to discuss
              > specifics, please contact me.
              >
              > Rob
              >
              > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty
              > <wkitty42@a...> wrote:
              > > Jason Novak wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Dear all,
              > > >
              > > > I'm trying to understand whether or not
              > webalizer has the capability
              > > > to report on search string by referrers. I know
              > you can group
              > > > referrers which is nice but I'm looking for
              > something that can show
              > > > the search string that's being typed from
              > whatever search site.
              > > >
              > > > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
              > >
              > > webalizer does do the search strings...
              > >
              > > FWIW: this may be sacriledge in this group, but
              > there is also
              > awstats which does this function and more...
              > >
              > > --
              > > _\/
              > > (@@) Waldo Kitty,
              > Waldo's Place USA
              > > __ooO_( )_Ooo_____________________
              > telnet://bbs.wpusa.dynip.com
              > > _|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____
              > http://www.wpusa.dynip.com
              > > ____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____
              > ftp://ftp.wpusa.dynip.com
              > > _|_Eat_SPAM_to_email_me!_YUM!__|_____|_____
              > wkitty42 -at- alltel.net

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • rknaak05
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
                --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, p_d_burton@c... wrote:
                > Do you specifically need the search strings to be grouped by referrer?

                Yes that is exactly what I need. I was also looking for the ability
                to have some of the statistic exported on a daily basis to a database
                (postgresql ideally) so that long term trends can be observed.

                Rob