nofollow patch

  • Ryan Barrett
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2005
      hi all. i've written a trivial (four-line) webalizer patch that adds
      support for the nofollow tag. you can find the patch here:

      http://snarfed.org/space/webalizer+nofollow+patch

      you can find more info on nofollow here:

      http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html

      enjoy!

      -Ryan

      --
      http://ryan.barrett.name/
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2005
        Hello:

        I think that the next version of webalizer should
        include nofollow tags in the Referrer list! My stats
        are slowly getting filled by spammers :(

        I have made a bash script that will create a clean
        logfile from a logfile full of referal spam.

        http://griho.udl.es/webalizer/clean_logs.sh

        Use like this :

        [root@griho httpd]# cd /var/log/httpd
        [root@griho httpd]# /root/netejar_logs.sh access_log
        Grepping the file for 297 spammer keywords, please
        wait...
        access_log ORIGINAL SIZE: 124512
        access_log GREPPED SIZE: 121798
        access_log DIFERENT LINES: 4380 end of diff
        a clean file was created from access_log and is called
        clean_logs.temp
        backup is in access_log.bk
        [root@griho httpd]# cp clean_logs.temp access_log
        cp: overwrite `access_log'? y
        [root@griho httpd]# service httpd reload
        Reloading httpd:
        [ OK ]
        [root@griho httpd]#

        Notice I'm using a live logfile, which is not
        recommended! You'll need to reload apache after this.

        Notice that I copy manually the clean file over the
        logfile. I always check the clean file size, to spot
        any problems BEFORE overwriting.

        --- Ryan Barrett <yahooid@...> wrote:

        > hi all. i've written a trivial (four-line) webalizer
        > patch that adds
        > support for the nofollow tag. you can find the patch
        > here:
        >
        > http://snarfed.org/space/webalizer+nofollow+patch
        >
        > you can find more info on nofollow here:

        http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html

        > enjoy!
        >
        > -Ryan
        >
        > --