Command line Webalizer OS X

  • comscout
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
      Is there a way to force more than 30 entries displayed for Top Exit/ Top Entry pages. Also
      can't seem to get the config file to make any difference to the output, anyone use this
      setup?

      Thanks,

      Emma
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
        --- comscout <emmaekane@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to force more than 30 entries
        > displayed for Top Exit/ Top Entry pages. Also
        > can't seem to get the config file to make any
        > difference to the output, anyone use this
        > setup?

        Look in the FAQ, question 10

        http://www.webalizer.org/faq.html

        =====

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • comscout
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
          Yes, read the FAQ, have a webalizer.conf file, but its not making any difference. That's why
          I'm posting here. The command line options work to a point but I can't force more than
          30 entries, as stated. Having read the FAQ, I still can't make it work, so I wondered if
          anyone was having success with the same setup.

          Emma

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
            > Is there a way to force more than 30 entries displayed for Top Exit/
            > Top Entry pages.

            Use either the "TopURLs" config option or the '-U' command line switch.

            > Also can't seem to get the config file to make any difference to the
            > output, anyone use this setup?

            Pretty much everyone. Do this, create a config file named "my.conf"
            and put the following in it:

            LogFile /path/to/logfile
            OutputDir /path/to/output
            TopURLs 50

            Replace the paths as appropriate for your system. Then run the webalizer
            and specify your "my.conf" configuration file, ie:

            webalizer -c my.conf

            and watch the output messages to make sure no problems are encountered.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
              > Is there a way to force more than 30 entries displayed for Top Exit/
              > Top Entry pages.

              Whoops.. the previous was for the top URLs table.. not entry/exit pages.
              Those use the config options:

              TopEntry xxx (Default is 10)
              TopExit xxx (Default is 10)

              Since you are already getting 30, you must have changed from the default
              somewhere.. find out where and just change the number.

              How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
              know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
              risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 21, 2005
                --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

                > > Is there a way to force more than 30 entries
                > displayed for Top Exit/
                > > Top Entry pages.
                >
                > Whoops.. the previous was for the top URLs table..
                > not entry/exit pages.
                > Those use the config options:
                >
                > TopEntry xxx (Default is 10)
                > TopExit xxx (Default is 10)
                >
                > Since you are already getting 30, you must have
                > changed from the default
                > somewhere.. find out where and just change the
                > number.

                Maybe you have two TopExit lines in your
                webalizer.conf. In this example, webalizer will use a
                TopExit value of 30.

                (start of webalizer.conf)
                ..
                ..