Re: Error on run

  • jd_314159
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2005
      It depends on how your script is written. May be the first error
      makes it to bail out. This I cannot really answer. How many websites
      have you tried to process manually? If more than one, then there may
      be something in the log files that got saved in webalizer.current
      (may be more than one) and triggers this behavior. I don't think 70+
      websites would be affected, but a couple can be (like a hacking
      attempt producing very long URLs, etc).

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "ejdbroker" <ejdbroker@y...> wrote:

      > helpful suggestions. But there are 70+ sites each with their own
      > webalizer.current file, you think they are all corrupt? When i run
      > webalizer manually it pretty much immediatly errors out.....
    • ejdbroker
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 24, 2005
        Well, you were right, the first site to process had a bad
        webalizer.current file. The others seem to be ok, but now the
        problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em
        because of their size. Anyway to bypass that? I dont see any
        switch on the command to ignore that part...?

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "jd_314159"

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 24, 2005
          > problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em

          Are you saying that some log entries are too big or that the
          Webalizer won't process a file because it's too big? The latter
          shouldn't really happen - there's no limitation on the file size in
          Webalizer (large files may put strain on memory though). Exceedingly
          large entries should be reported and ignored by the Webalizer. Find
          out the log line that gives you trouble and see if there's anything
          unusual about it (eg. size, content).

          J.D.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 25, 2005
            Well if i try to manually run the script that calls webalizer for each
            site i get:

            Error: Skipping oversized log record

            Some logs over over 6megs (all january).

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 25, 2005
              You need to figure out which log record causes this and remove it
              from the file (manually). Try turning on the debug mode - this may
              help you to figure out the problem without having to go through the
              file. eg:

              webalizer -d ...

              Normally the Webalizer skips such records automatically, but it seems
              that there's something in this file that the Webalizer doesn't expect.

              J.D.