Re: Error on run

  • ejdbroker
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2005
      helpful suggestions. But there are 70+ sites each with their own
      webalizer.current file, you think they are all corrupt? When i run
      webalizer manually it pretty much immediatly errors out.....
    • jd_314159
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 20, 2005
        It depends on how your script is written. May be the first error
        makes it to bail out. This I cannot really answer. How many websites
        have you tried to process manually? If more than one, then there may
        be something in the log files that got saved in webalizer.current
        (may be more than one) and triggers this behavior. I don't think 70+
        websites would be affected, but a couple can be (like a hacking
        attempt producing very long URLs, etc).

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 24, 2005
          Well, you were right, the first site to process had a bad
          webalizer.current file. The others seem to be ok, but now the
          problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em
          because of their size. Anyway to bypass that? I dont see any
          switch on the command to ignore that part...?

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "jd_314159"

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 24, 2005
            > problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em

            Are you saying that some log entries are too big or that the
            Webalizer won't process a file because it's too big? The latter
            shouldn't really happen - there's no limitation on the file size in
            Webalizer (large files may put strain on memory though). Exceedingly
            large entries should be reported and ignored by the Webalizer. Find
            out the log line that gives you trouble and see if there's anything
            unusual about it (eg. size, content).

            J.D.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 25, 2005
              Well if i try to manually run the script that calls webalizer for each
              site i get:

              Error: Skipping oversized log record

              Some logs over over 6megs (all january).

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 25, 2005
                You need to figure out which log record causes this and remove it
                from the file (manually). Try turning on the debug mode - this may
                help you to figure out the problem without having to go through the
                file. eg:

                webalizer -d ...

                Normally the Webalizer skips such records automatically, but it seems
                that there's something in this file that the Webalizer doesn't expect.

                J.D.