Re: mod_rewrite and webalizer!

  • jd_314159
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
      > fine. But will webalizer be able to parse the above logs correctly??
      > LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon

      Depends on the version. Some will, some won't. If you use the build
      by Stone Steps, you can add this to webalizer.conf:

      ApacheLogFormat %{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b

      You might also want to add referrer, user agent and time taken (%D).
      See more here:

      http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog

      J.D.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, mike@e... wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I read the apache site and I got a log format using which I am
      getting
      > something like this now:
      >
      > subdirname.domain.com 213.212.222.193 - - [08/Jan/2005:21:08:40 -
      0600]
      > "GET /style_images/1/tile_sub.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 -
      >
      > subdirname.domain.com goes to domain.com/subdir/ ... I dont mind if
      > webalizer can just include the subdomain or the subdir. Anyone of
      those is
      > fine. But will webalizer be able to parse the above logs correctly??
      >
      > I used:
      > LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon
      >
      > Got it from:
      > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html
      >
      > Thanks for the help..
      > >> Any idea how to configure webalizer to include subdir name and
      the
      > > url..
      > >
      > > Webalizer can only process what's in the logs. If you can get
      Apache
      > > to put what you need into the log file, you can (most likely)
      analyze

    • mike@exocrew.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
        Sorry, but I forgot to tell that I am using version 1.3 and not 2.0 so the
        %D doesnt works for me.

        Thanks for suggestions.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2005
          The "official" version in webalizer.org will fail to
          read that correctly. It will believe that
          subdir.domain.com is the host the visitors are coming
          from.

          =====

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250