Re: [webalizer] Re: mod_rewrite and webalizer!

  • mike@exocrew.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
      Hello,

      I read the apache site and I got a log format using which I am getting
      something like this now:

      subdirname.domain.com 213.212.222.193 - - [08/Jan/2005:21:08:40 -0600]
      "GET /style_images/1/tile_sub.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 -

      subdirname.domain.com goes to domain.com/subdir/ ... I dont mind if
      webalizer can just include the subdomain or the subdir. Anyone of those is
      fine. But will webalizer be able to parse the above logs correctly??

      I used:
      LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon

      Got it from:
      http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html

      Thanks for the help..
      >> Any idea how to configure webalizer to include subdir name and the
      > url..
      >
      > Webalizer can only process what's in the logs. If you can get Apache
      > to put what you need into the log file, you can (most likely) analyze
      > it with the Webalizer.
      >
      > Depending on how you rewrite URLs and (mostly) how much effort you
      > want to put into this, you can probably use RewriteLog output and
      > combine it with the logs...
      >
      >> LogFormat "%v %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" comonvhost
      >
      > I agree with Enric that %v in the configuration is most likely your
      > hosting company configuration mistake. Talk to them - without either %
      > a (address) or %h (address or host name, depending on
      > HostnameLookups) any log analyzer isn't going as be much useful.
      >
      > If your hosting company doesn't change your log line, you can still
      > use Webalizer to analyze your logs - take a look here:
      >
      > http://www.stonesteps.ca/projects/webalizer/faq.asp?qid=q20041208-
      > 01&topic=webalizer
      >
      > J.D.
    • jd_314159
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
        > fine. But will webalizer be able to parse the above logs correctly??
        > LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon

        Depends on the version. Some will, some won't. If you use the build
        by Stone Steps, you can add this to webalizer.conf:

        ApacheLogFormat %{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b

        You might also want to add referrer, user agent and time taken (%D).
        See more here:

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog

        J.D.

      • mike@exocrew.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
          Sorry, but I forgot to tell that I am using version 1.3 and not 2.0 so the
          %D doesnt works for me.

          Thanks for suggestions.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2005
            The "official" version in webalizer.org will fail to
            read that correctly. It will believe that
            subdir.domain.com is the host the visitors are coming
            from.

            =====

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250