Re: mod_rewrite and webalizer!

  • jd_314159
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2005
      > Any idea how to configure webalizer to include subdir name and the
      url..

      Webalizer can only process what's in the logs. If you can get Apache
      to put what you need into the log file, you can (most likely) analyze
      it with the Webalizer.

      Depending on how you rewrite URLs and (mostly) how much effort you
      want to put into this, you can probably use RewriteLog output and
      combine it with the logs...

      > LogFormat "%v %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" comonvhost

      I agree with Enric that %v in the configuration is most likely your
      hosting company configuration mistake. Talk to them - without either %
      a (address) or %h (address or host name, depending on
      HostnameLookups) any log analyzer isn't going as be much useful.

      If your hosting company doesn't change your log line, you can still
      use Webalizer to analyze your logs - take a look here:

      http://www.stonesteps.ca/projects/webalizer/faq.asp?qid=q20041208-
      01&topic=webalizer

      J.D.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, mike@e... wrote:
      > I asked this question on devshed:
      > "
      > I have a problem when using mod_rewrite to redirect *.domain.com to
      > domain.com/* (this.domain.com shows content from
      domain.com/this) ... This

    • mike@exocrew.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
        Hello,

        I read the apache site and I got a log format using which I am getting
        something like this now:

        subdirname.domain.com 213.212.222.193 - - [08/Jan/2005:21:08:40 -0600]
        "GET /style_images/1/tile_sub.gif HTTP/1.1" 304 -

        subdirname.domain.com goes to domain.com/subdir/ ... I dont mind if
        webalizer can just include the subdomain or the subdir. Anyone of those is
        fine. But will webalizer be able to parse the above logs correctly??

        I used:
        LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon

        Got it from:
        http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html

        Thanks for the help..
        >> Any idea how to configure webalizer to include subdir name and the
        > url..
        >
        > Webalizer can only process what's in the logs. If you can get Apache
        > to put what you need into the log file, you can (most likely) analyze
        > it with the Webalizer.
        >
        > Depending on how you rewrite URLs and (mostly) how much effort you
        > want to put into this, you can probably use RewriteLog output and
        > combine it with the logs...
        >
        >> LogFormat "%v %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" comonvhost
        >
        > I agree with Enric that %v in the configuration is most likely your
        > hosting company configuration mistake. Talk to them - without either %
        > a (address) or %h (address or host name, depending on
        > HostnameLookups) any log analyzer isn't going as be much useful.
        >
        > If your hosting company doesn't change your log line, you can still
        > use Webalizer to analyze your logs - take a look here:
        >
        > http://www.stonesteps.ca/projects/webalizer/faq.asp?qid=q20041208-
        > 01&topic=webalizer
        >
        > J.D.
      • jd_314159
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
          > fine. But will webalizer be able to parse the above logs correctly??
          > LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon

          Depends on the version. Some will, some won't. If you use the build
          by Stone Steps, you can add this to webalizer.conf:

          ApacheLogFormat %{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b

          You might also want to add referrer, user agent and time taken (%D).
          See more here:

          http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog

        • mike@exocrew.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2005
            Sorry, but I forgot to tell that I am using version 1.3 and not 2.0 so the
            %D doesnt works for me.

            Thanks for suggestions.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2005
              The "official" version in webalizer.org will fail to
              read that correctly. It will believe that
              subdir.domain.com is the host the visitors are coming
              from.

              =====

              http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250