Re: [webalizer] Re: Order of items in conf file?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
      There are only issues when there keywords of the same
      type.

      For example:

      HTMLTail hello
      HTMLTail goodbye

      will place at the end of the stats:

      hello
      goodbye

      Inversely

      HTMLTail goodbye
      HTMLTail hello

      goodbye
      hello

      There are some keywords that can only hold one value,
      like LogFile. Each time it appears in the logfile, it
      overwrites former lines. If you have this in the conf
      file:

      LogFile stats_nov
      LogFile stats_dec
      LogFile stats_gen
      LogFile stats_feb
      LogFile stats_mar

      then webalizer will only process "stats_mar".

      This is useful, because if you append "LogFile
      myclient.log" at the end of the file, then webalizer
      will only process "myclient.log", regardless of any
      other LogFile line in the conf file.

      Sean Moran <sean@...> wrote:

      > Ok, thanks...
      >
      > On Jan 5, 2005, at 10:25 PM, jd_314159 wrote:
      >

      > >> but does it make any difference what order
      > >> the items are in in the conf file?
      > >
      > > No, it doesn't.
      > >
      > > J.D.
      > >
      > > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Sean Moran
      > <sean@i...> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> This may be a dumb question, but does it make any
      > difference what
      > > order
      > >> the items are in in the conf file? I need to
      > dynamically create
      > > conf
      > >> files when new clients come on board and it would
      > be a lot easier
      > >> just have the 4 or 5 lines that change to be at
      > the top or bottom.
      > >>
      > >> Thanks,
      > >> Sean

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links