PageType - flv, swf, mp3?

  • Sean Moran
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2005
      If I am interested in more stats on the downloading of flash videos
      (.flv) and mp3 files, should these be listed as PageTypes in the conf
      file?

      TIA, Sean
    • jd_314159
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2005
        You might want to group them instead. This way you will get hits and
        kb for each file or file group. You can also set up two config files
        and process log files twice - once for regular stats and another time
        processing just flash requests.

        If you list flash extension as page types, combined stats may be not
        as accurate (eg. actual pages are smaller in general, usually
        requested with a single hit, as opposed to multiple requests for
        larger files, etc).

        J.D.