Re: [webalizer] Re: Order of items in conf file?

  • Sean Moran
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2005
      Ok, thanks...

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
        There are only issues when there keywords of the same
        type.

        For example:

        HTMLTail hello
        HTMLTail goodbye

        will place at the end of the stats:

        hello
        goodbye

        Inversely

        HTMLTail goodbye
        HTMLTail hello

        goodbye
        hello

        There are some keywords that can only hold one value,
        like LogFile. Each time it appears in the logfile, it
        overwrites former lines. If you have this in the conf
        file:

        LogFile stats_nov
        LogFile stats_dec
        LogFile stats_gen
        LogFile stats_feb
        LogFile stats_mar

        then webalizer will only process "stats_mar".

        This is useful, because if you append "LogFile
        myclient.log" at the end of the file, then webalizer
        will only process "myclient.log", regardless of any
        other LogFile line in the conf file.

        Sean Moran <sean@...> wrote:

        > Ok, thanks...
        >
        > On Jan 5, 2005, at 10:25 PM, jd_314159 wrote:
        >

        > >> but does it make any difference what order
        > >> the items are in in the conf file?
        > >
        > > No, it doesn't.
        > >
        > > J.D.
        > >
        > > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Sean Moran
        > <sean@i...> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> This may be a dumb question, but does it make any
        > difference what
        > > order
        > >> the items are in in the conf file? I need to
        > dynamically create
        > > conf
        > >> files when new clients come on board and it would
        > be a lot easier
        > >> just have the 4 or 5 lines that change to be at
        > the top or bottom.
        > >>
        > >> Thanks,
        > >> Sean

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links