Order of items in conf file?

  • Sean Moran
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
      This may be a dumb question, but does it make any difference what order
      the items are in in the conf file? I need to dynamically create conf
      files when new clients come on board and it would be a lot easier to
      just have the 4 or 5 lines that change to be at the top or bottom.

      Thanks,
      Sean
    • jd_314159
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
        > but does it make any difference what order
        > the items are in in the conf file?

        No, it doesn't.

        J.D.

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Sean Moran <sean@i...> wrote:

        > This may be a dumb question, but does it make any difference what
        order
        > the items are in in the conf file? I need to dynamically create
        conf
        > files when new clients come on board and it would be a lot easier
        > just have the 4 or 5 lines that change to be at the top or bottom.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Sean
      • Sean Moran
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2005
          Ok, thanks...

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
            There are only issues when there keywords of the same
            type.

            For example:

            HTMLTail hello
            HTMLTail goodbye

            will place at the end of the stats:

            hello
            goodbye

            Inversely

            HTMLTail goodbye
            HTMLTail hello

            goodbye
            hello

            There are some keywords that can only hold one value,
            like LogFile. Each time it appears in the logfile, it
            overwrites former lines. If you have this in the conf
            file:

            LogFile stats_nov
            LogFile stats_dec
            LogFile stats_gen
            LogFile stats_feb
            LogFile stats_mar

            then webalizer will only process "stats_mar".

            This is useful, because if you append "LogFile
            myclient.log" at the end of the file, then webalizer
            will only process "myclient.log", regardless of any
            other LogFile line in the conf file.

            Sean Moran <sean@...> wrote:

            > Ok, thanks...
            >
            > On Jan 5, 2005, at 10:25 PM, jd_314159 wrote:
            >

            > >> but does it make any difference what order
            > >> the items are in in the conf file?
            > >
            > > No, it doesn't.
            > >
            > > J.D.
            > >
            > > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Sean Moran
            > <sean@i...> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> This may be a dumb question, but does it make any
            > difference what
            > > order
            > >> the items are in in the conf file? I need to
            > dynamically create
            > > conf
            > >> files when new clients come on board and it would
            > be a lot easier
            > >> just have the 4 or 5 lines that change to be at
            > the top or bottom.
            > >>
            > >> Thanks,
            > >> Sean

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links