Re: [webalizer] Limit Webalizer to a spec subdirectory

  • Sean Moran
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
      Great! Thanks so much for the answer and your time...will give it a
      shot.

      ============================

      Sean Moran, CTO
      Imagination Interactive, Inc
      2502 W. Colorado Ave #201
      Colorado Springs, CO 80904

      On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Dave Patton [DCP] wrote:

      > Sean Moran wrote:
      >>
      >> I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in
      >> virtual host.
      >
      > We get daily access logs from our host. We then have three cron jobs
      > that run webalizer(using Incremental mode) on each day's logfile.
      >
      > One job runs webalizer with a "full" .conf file, to produce the stats
      > we use as site admins.
      >
      > The second one runs with a more limited .conf file, and uses the
      > Geolizer patch for Webalizer in order to produce the pages with
      > our "public" web stats:
      > http://www.confluence.org/stats.php
      >
      > The third job runs webalizer with a .conf that is used to provide
      > the admins with stats for specific files in two directories.
      > That .conf file includes:
      > 1)
      > IgnoreURL *
      > so that we ignore all URLs except those specifically included
      > 2)
      > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file1.pdf
      > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file2.pdf
      > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file1.pdf
      > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file2.pdf
      > etc. to specifically include the files for which we want stats.
      > In our case there are a small number of files, so we use the
      > full name, but wildcards could perhaps be used.
      > 3)
      > GroupURL /topdir/dir1/* TOTAL: Directory 1
      > GroupURL /topdir/dir2/* TOTAL: Directory 2
      > We have these groupings so we get cumulative stats for each
      > directory, so we can compare between them.
      >
      > --
      > Dave Patton
      > Canadian Coordinator, Degree Confluence Project
      > http://www.confluence.org/
      > My website: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Vasiliy Boulytchev
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
        Sean,
        Great that you use all the resources, such as yahoo groups. I
        wish there was an IRC channel for us to kick on. Surprised that I am on
        webalizer list as well? :)
        Anyways, I don't think webalizer lets you separate usage stats,
        you have to separate out your logs... Please tell me if I am wrong.

        Vasiliy Boulytchev
        Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
        http://www.coinfotech.com