Re: [webalizer] Limit Webalizer to a spec subdirectory

  • Dave Patton [DCP]
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
      Sean Moran wrote:

      > I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in a
      > virtual host.

      We get daily access logs from our host. We then have three cron jobs
      that run webalizer(using Incremental mode) on each day's logfile.

      One job runs webalizer with a "full" .conf file, to produce the stats
      we use as site admins.

      The second one runs with a more limited .conf file, and uses the
      Geolizer patch for Webalizer in order to produce the pages with
      our "public" web stats:
      http://www.confluence.org/stats.php

      The third job runs webalizer with a .conf that is used to provide
      the admins with stats for specific files in two directories.
      That .conf file includes:
      1)
      IgnoreURL *
      so that we ignore all URLs except those specifically included
      2)
      IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file1.pdf
      IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file2.pdf
      IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file1.pdf
      IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file2.pdf
      etc. to specifically include the files for which we want stats.
      In our case there are a small number of files, so we use the
      full name, but wildcards could perhaps be used.
      3)
      GroupURL /topdir/dir1/* TOTAL: Directory 1
      GroupURL /topdir/dir2/* TOTAL: Directory 2
      We have these groupings so we get cumulative stats for each
      directory, so we can compare between them.

      --
      Dave Patton
      http://www.confluence.org/
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
        Great! Thanks so much for the answer and your time...will give it a
        shot.

        ============================

        Sean Moran, CTO
        Imagination Interactive, Inc
        2502 W. Colorado Ave #201
        Colorado Springs, CO 80904

        On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Dave Patton [DCP] wrote:

        > Sean Moran wrote:
        >>
        >> I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in
        >> virtual host.
        >
        > We get daily access logs from our host. We then have three cron jobs
        > that run webalizer(using Incremental mode) on each day's logfile.
        >
        > One job runs webalizer with a "full" .conf file, to produce the stats
        > we use as site admins.
        >
        > The second one runs with a more limited .conf file, and uses the
        > Geolizer patch for Webalizer in order to produce the pages with
        > our "public" web stats:
        > http://www.confluence.org/stats.php
        >
        > The third job runs webalizer with a .conf that is used to provide
        > the admins with stats for specific files in two directories.
        > That .conf file includes:
        > 1)
        > IgnoreURL *
        > so that we ignore all URLs except those specifically included
        > 2)
        > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file1.pdf
        > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file2.pdf
        > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file1.pdf
        > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file2.pdf
        > etc. to specifically include the files for which we want stats.
        > In our case there are a small number of files, so we use the
        > full name, but wildcards could perhaps be used.
        > 3)
        > GroupURL /topdir/dir1/* TOTAL: Directory 1
        > GroupURL /topdir/dir2/* TOTAL: Directory 2
        > We have these groupings so we get cumulative stats for each
        > directory, so we can compare between them.
        >
        > --
        > Dave Patton
        > Canadian Coordinator, Degree Confluence Project
        > http://www.confluence.org/
        > My website: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Vasiliy Boulytchev
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
          Sean,
          Great that you use all the resources, such as yahoo groups. I
          wish there was an IRC channel for us to kick on. Surprised that I am on
          webalizer list as well? :)
          Anyways, I don't think webalizer lets you separate usage stats,
          you have to separate out your logs... Please tell me if I am wrong.

          Vasiliy Boulytchev
          Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
          http://www.coinfotech.com