Re: Cannot access reports

  • jd_314159
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2004
      Most likely the problem is that your virtual directory (it wouldn't
      have much to do with file permissions, except that the httpd user
      would have to be able to read files) is configured to give limited
      access to the stats (just as it should be). Check these settings in
      your configuration:

      http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/auth.html

      J.D.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <duffer@u...> wrote:
      > I had checked and rechecked that, set permissions to 777 and that
      did
      > not work.
      > So just for grins, I made a new folder called stats and copied the
      > files from usage and it now works.
      > There is something blocking access to the usage folder, but I cannot
      > find it.
      >
      > Oh well, I have webalizer working again.
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      >
      > Tom

      12/28/2004
    • Sean Moran
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
        I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in a
        virtual host.

        What is the most efficient way to configure webalizer to do this? I had
        orginally planned on using grep to create a new log file from the whole
        access_log for each subdirectory, but perhaps I could just use the
        Hide/Ignore/Include options in the .conf?

        Logically, I can think of doing a hide on everything, then just
        including files under the path /clients/client1

        ?

        Thanks for any help or examples...I am digging through the manual but
        thought I would use all sources.
      • Dave Patton [DCP]
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
          Sean Moran wrote:

          > I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in a
          > virtual host.

          We get daily access logs from our host. We then have three cron jobs
          that run webalizer(using Incremental mode) on each day's logfile.

          One job runs webalizer with a "full" .conf file, to produce the stats
          we use as site admins.

          The second one runs with a more limited .conf file, and uses the
          Geolizer patch for Webalizer in order to produce the pages with
          our "public" web stats:
          http://www.confluence.org/stats.php

          The third job runs webalizer with a .conf that is used to provide
          the admins with stats for specific files in two directories.
          That .conf file includes:
          1)
          IgnoreURL *
          so that we ignore all URLs except those specifically included
          2)
          IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file1.pdf
          IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file2.pdf
          IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file1.pdf
          IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file2.pdf
          etc. to specifically include the files for which we want stats.
          In our case there are a small number of files, so we use the
          full name, but wildcards could perhaps be used.
          3)
          GroupURL /topdir/dir1/* TOTAL: Directory 1
          GroupURL /topdir/dir2/* TOTAL: Directory 2
          We have these groupings so we get cumulative stats for each
          directory, so we can compare between them.

          --
          Dave Patton
          http://www.confluence.org/
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
            Great! Thanks so much for the answer and your time...will give it a
            shot.

            ============================

            Sean Moran, CTO
            Imagination Interactive, Inc
            2502 W. Colorado Ave #201
            Colorado Springs, CO 80904

            On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Dave Patton [DCP] wrote:

            > Sean Moran wrote:
            >>
            >> I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in
            >> virtual host.
            >
            > We get daily access logs from our host. We then have three cron jobs
            > that run webalizer(using Incremental mode) on each day's logfile.
            >
            > One job runs webalizer with a "full" .conf file, to produce the stats
            > we use as site admins.
            >
            > The second one runs with a more limited .conf file, and uses the
            > Geolizer patch for Webalizer in order to produce the pages with
            > our "public" web stats:
            > http://www.confluence.org/stats.php
            >
            > The third job runs webalizer with a .conf that is used to provide
            > the admins with stats for specific files in two directories.
            > That .conf file includes:
            > 1)
            > IgnoreURL *
            > so that we ignore all URLs except those specifically included
            > 2)
            > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file1.pdf
            > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file2.pdf
            > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file1.pdf
            > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file2.pdf
            > etc. to specifically include the files for which we want stats.
            > In our case there are a small number of files, so we use the
            > full name, but wildcards could perhaps be used.
            > 3)
            > GroupURL /topdir/dir1/* TOTAL: Directory 1
            > GroupURL /topdir/dir2/* TOTAL: Directory 2
            > We have these groupings so we get cumulative stats for each
            > directory, so we can compare between them.
            >
            > --
            > Dave Patton
            > Canadian Coordinator, Degree Confluence Project
            > http://www.confluence.org/
            > My website: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Vasiliy Boulytchev
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
              Sean,
              Great that you use all the resources, such as yahoo groups. I
              wish there was an IRC channel for us to kick on. Surprised that I am on
              webalizer list as well? :)
              Anyways, I don't think webalizer lets you separate usage stats,
              you have to separate out your logs... Please tell me if I am wrong.

              Vasiliy Boulytchev
              Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
              http://www.coinfotech.com