RE: [webalizer] Cannot access reports

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2004
      I had checked and rechecked that, set permissions to 777 and that did
      not work.
      So just for grins, I made a new folder called stats and copied the
      files from usage and it now works.
      There is something blocking access to the usage folder, but I cannot
      find it.

      Oh well, I have webalizer working again.

      Thanks for your help.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 31, 2004
        Most likely the problem is that your virtual directory (it wouldn't
        have much to do with file permissions, except that the httpd user
        would have to be able to read files) is configured to give limited
        access to the stats (just as it should be). Check these settings in
        your configuration:

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/auth.html

        J.D.

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <duffer@u...> wrote:
        > I had checked and rechecked that, set permissions to 777 and that
        did
        > not work.
        > So just for grins, I made a new folder called stats and copied the
        > files from usage and it now works.
        > There is something blocking access to the usage folder, but I cannot
        > find it.
        >
        > Oh well, I have webalizer working again.
        >
        > Thanks for your help.
        >
        > Tom

        12/28/2004
      • Sean Moran
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
          I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in a
          virtual host.

          What is the most efficient way to configure webalizer to do this? I had
          orginally planned on using grep to create a new log file from the whole
          access_log for each subdirectory, but perhaps I could just use the
          Hide/Ignore/Include options in the .conf?

          Logically, I can think of doing a hide on everything, then just
          including files under the path /clients/client1

          ?

          Thanks for any help or examples...I am digging through the manual but
          thought I would use all sources.
        • Dave Patton [DCP]
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
            Sean Moran wrote:

            > I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in a
            > virtual host.

            We get daily access logs from our host. We then have three cron jobs
            that run webalizer(using Incremental mode) on each day's logfile.

            One job runs webalizer with a "full" .conf file, to produce the stats
            we use as site admins.

            The second one runs with a more limited .conf file, and uses the
            Geolizer patch for Webalizer in order to produce the pages with
            our "public" web stats:
            http://www.confluence.org/stats.php

            The third job runs webalizer with a .conf that is used to provide
            the admins with stats for specific files in two directories.
            That .conf file includes:
            1)
            IgnoreURL *
            so that we ignore all URLs except those specifically included
            2)
            IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file1.pdf
            IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file2.pdf
            IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file1.pdf
            IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file2.pdf
            etc. to specifically include the files for which we want stats.
            In our case there are a small number of files, so we use the
            full name, but wildcards could perhaps be used.
            3)
            GroupURL /topdir/dir1/* TOTAL: Directory 1
            GroupURL /topdir/dir2/* TOTAL: Directory 2
            We have these groupings so we get cumulative stats for each
            directory, so we can compare between them.

            --
            Dave Patton
            http://www.confluence.org/
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2005
              Great! Thanks so much for the answer and your time...will give it a
              shot.

              ============================

              Sean Moran, CTO
              Imagination Interactive, Inc
              2502 W. Colorado Ave #201
              Colorado Springs, CO 80904

              On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Dave Patton [DCP] wrote:

              > Sean Moran wrote:
              >>
              >> I am looking to get specific hit/bandwidth info for a subdirectory in
              >> virtual host.
              >
              > We get daily access logs from our host. We then have three cron jobs
              > that run webalizer(using Incremental mode) on each day's logfile.
              >
              > One job runs webalizer with a "full" .conf file, to produce the stats
              > we use as site admins.
              >
              > The second one runs with a more limited .conf file, and uses the
              > Geolizer patch for Webalizer in order to produce the pages with
              > our "public" web stats:
              > http://www.confluence.org/stats.php
              >
              > The third job runs webalizer with a .conf that is used to provide
              > the admins with stats for specific files in two directories.
              > That .conf file includes:
              > 1)
              > IgnoreURL *
              > so that we ignore all URLs except those specifically included
              > 2)
              > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file1.pdf
              > IncludeURL /topdir/dir1/file2.pdf
              > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file1.pdf
              > IncludeURL /topdir/dir2/file2.pdf
              > etc. to specifically include the files for which we want stats.
              > In our case there are a small number of files, so we use the
              > full name, but wildcards could perhaps be used.
              > 3)
              > GroupURL /topdir/dir1/* TOTAL: Directory 1
              > GroupURL /topdir/dir2/* TOTAL: Directory 2
              > We have these groupings so we get cumulative stats for each
              > directory, so we can compare between them.
              >
              > --
              > Dave Patton
              > Canadian Coordinator, Degree Confluence Project
              > http://www.confluence.org/
              > My website: http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Vasiliy Boulytchev
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
                Sean,
                Great that you use all the resources, such as yahoo groups. I
                wish there was an IRC channel for us to kick on. Surprised that I am on
                webalizer list as well? :)
                Anyways, I don't think webalizer lets you separate usage stats,
                you have to separate out your logs... Please tell me if I am wrong.

                Vasiliy Boulytchev
                Colorado Information Technologies, Inc.
                http://www.coinfotech.com