Re: [webalizer] User Agents, hierarchical?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2004
      --- Walter Ian Kaye <yahoo@...>
      wrote:

      > Can User Agents be listed hierarchically, such that
      > all versions of a
      > particular browser are grouped, with a group total?
      >
      > Example:
      >
      > Lynx 35
      > Lynx/2.8.4 27
      > Lynx/2.8.5dev16 8

      No, you can't do this. You must group either by
      version or by totals. This is because webalizer will
      stop at the first match when parsing the GroupAgent
      list in webalizer.conf

      So, if in webalizer.conf you have this:

      GroupAgent Lynx Lynx
      GroupAgent Lynx/2.8.4 Lynx/2.8.4
      GroupAgent Lynx/2.8.5dev16 Lynx/2.8.5dev16

      you will only get the "Lynx" totals, because Agent
      names containing "Lynx" will match the first line and
      never reach the second line. So you would *never* see
      a total for "Lynx/2.8.4".

      If you do this instead:

      GroupAgent Lynx/2.8.4 Lynx/2.8.4
      GroupAgent Lynx/2.8.5dev16 Lynx/2.8.5dev16
      GroupAgent Lynx Lynx

      The "Lynx" total will count all Agents that match
      "Lynx" except for those matching "Lynx/2.8.4" and
      "Lynx/2.8.5dev16", which have already matched the
      first and second lines.

      You can solve this by grouping by version, then
      setting "AllAgents yes", and then parsing the
      agents_xxxxxxxx.html files to add all lines containing
      "Lynx" (probably not what you want to do, but I can't
      think of nothing better, short of making two different
      webalizer.conf files and running the logs twice, one
      on each file).

      =====

      http://my.yahoo.com