Apache2 ssl logs

  • William L. Thomson Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11 11:51 AM
      When using apache2 can the ssl stuff be logged to the same place as the
      non ssl stuff?

      Currently I have access.log and ssl_access.log. Webalizer only parses
      access.log.

      So none of my stats/reports reflect ssl stuff.

      Will webalizer be able to parse the combined ssl non-ssl logs or will it
      have problems?

      --
      Sincerely,
      William L. Thomson Jr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11 1:03 PM
        The webalizer released by Stone Steps can handle free-style (well,
        almost) Apache log files:

        http://www.stonesteps.ca/projects/webalizer/faq.asp?qid=q20041208-
        01&topic=webalizer

        The thing I like about this is that if you add %D to your LogFormat,
        it will report server response times. You can probably add SSL stuff
        to the log format too.

        J.D.

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "William L. Thomson Jr."

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11 7:44 PM
          One more thing - your SSL log format (ssl.conf) must match the
          default one (httpd.conf), otherwise you'll end up with access_log
          written in mixed formats.

          J.D.