Re: complete referrers

  • jd_314159
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
      > Anybody knows how do I do to make webalizer show complete
      referrers?

      As far as I know, Webalizer analyzes referrers to produce the search
      string report, but can't produce complete referrer reports.

      J.D.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Paulo Lenz <paulolenz@t...> wrote:
      > Anybody knows how do I do to make webalizer show complete
      referrers?
      > Because it automaticaly removes the rest of the URL which contains
      > ?whatever, for example:
      >
      > the url :
      >
      > http://anything.com/whatever.php?arquivo=teste&etc=123
      >
      > on referrers shows only:
      >
      > http://anything.com/whatever.php
      >
      > Any help is appreciated, thanks!,
      > Paulo Lenz
    • Paulo Lenz
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
        Thanks for reply J.D.,

        But there insnt any way to make webalizer show the complete url? by
        disabling the analyzes procedure or anything else... .. In fact it
        should be able to do both... Make the analyzes and keep the full url...

        If its not realy possible... this could be a good sugestion for future
        versions...;)

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
          --- Paulo Lenz <paulolenz@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for reply J.D.,
          >
          > But there insnt any way to make webalizer show the
          > complete url? by
          > disabling the analyzes procedure or anything else...

          You need to download the source code, make a small
          change and compile the code. For next versions I hope
          that Mr. Barret will add some switch to do this
          automagically, or at least add it to the FAQ :P

          Q: How can I get webalizer to stop striping the query
          string from the URLs?

          A: Just add '?', '&' and '=' to the isurlchar()
          function in webalizer.c and re-compile. Doing this is
          not recommended, since it allows all sorts of other
          nasty characters through.

          =====

          The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
          http://my.yahoo.com
        • jd_314159
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
            > A: Just add '?', '&' and '=' to the isurlchar()

            This wouldn't be a good change - think of a URL report with a couple
            of Ks in each row. Another reason - it will fragment the URL report
            and will make it not very usable (you would have to group URLs
            manually, tons of them). Finally, it would a security problem - you
            may end up with clickable links that have somebody's code in them.

            J.D.

            --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@y...>