complete referrers

  • Paulo Lenz
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004
      Anybody knows how do I do to make webalizer show complete referrers?
      Because it automaticaly removes the rest of the URL which contains
      ?whatever, for example:

      the url :

      http://qualquercoisa.com/whatever.php?arquivo=teste&etc=123

      on referrers shows only:

      http://qualquercoisa.com/whatever.php

      Thanks,
      Paulo Lenz
    • Paulo Lenz
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2004
        Anybody knows how do I do to make webalizer show complete referrers?
        Because it automaticaly removes the rest of the URL which contains
        ?whatever, for example:

        the url :

        http://anything.com/whatever.php?arquivo=teste&etc=123

        on referrers shows only:

        http://anything.com/whatever.php

        Any help is appreciated, thanks!,
        Paulo Lenz
      • jd_314159
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
          > Anybody knows how do I do to make webalizer show complete
          referrers?

          As far as I know, Webalizer analyzes referrers to produce the search
          string report, but can't produce complete referrer reports.

          J.D.

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Paulo Lenz <paulolenz@t...> wrote:
          > Anybody knows how do I do to make webalizer show complete
          referrers?
          > Because it automaticaly removes the rest of the URL which contains
          > ?whatever, for example:
          >
          > the url :
          >
          > http://anything.com/whatever.php?arquivo=teste&etc=123
          >
          > on referrers shows only:
          >
          > http://anything.com/whatever.php
          >
          > Any help is appreciated, thanks!,
          > Paulo Lenz
        • Paulo Lenz
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
            Thanks for reply J.D.,

            But there insnt any way to make webalizer show the complete url? by
            disabling the analyzes procedure or anything else... .. In fact it
            should be able to do both... Make the analyzes and keep the full url...

            If its not realy possible... this could be a good sugestion for future
            versions...;)

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
              --- Paulo Lenz <paulolenz@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for reply J.D.,
              >
              > But there insnt any way to make webalizer show the
              > complete url? by
              > disabling the analyzes procedure or anything else...

              You need to download the source code, make a small
              change and compile the code. For next versions I hope
              that Mr. Barret will add some switch to do this
              automagically, or at least add it to the FAQ :P

              Q: How can I get webalizer to stop striping the query
              string from the URLs?

              A: Just add '?', '&' and '=' to the isurlchar()
              function in webalizer.c and re-compile. Doing this is
              not recommended, since it allows all sorts of other
              nasty characters through.

              =====

              The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
              http://my.yahoo.com
            • jd_314159
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 8, 2004
                > A: Just add '?', '&' and '=' to the isurlchar()

                This wouldn't be a good change - think of a URL report with a couple
                of Ks in each row. Another reason - it will fragment the URL report
                and will make it not very usable (you would have to group URLs
                manually, tons of them). Finally, it would a security problem - you
                may end up with clickable links that have somebody's code in them.

                J.D.

                --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@y...>