Country breakdown

  • Jim Carter
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2004
      While running on RH 9.x with Apache2, the webalizer broke down the countries just fine. Now however, after switching to SuSE 9.1 Pro and Apache2, webalizer shows all countries unknown and doesn't appear to resolve the hostnames from the IPs. I don't remember having to add anything to the RH version, am I missing something in this configuration? Webalizer is 2.0.1, Apache is 2.0.52. Everything appears to work except for the country breakdown.

      Jim Carter
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2004
        Turn on hostname lookups in apache..

        in your httpd.conf file, make sure you have:

        HostnameLookups On

        --

        On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Jim Carter wrote:

        > While running on RH 9.x with Apache2, the webalizer broke down the countries just fine. Now however, after switching to SuSE 9.1 Pro and Apache2, webalizer shows all countries unknown and doesn't appear to resolve the hostnames from the IPs. I don't remember having to add anything to the RH version, am I missing something in this configuration? Webalizer is 2.0.1, Apache is 2.0.52. Everything appears to work except for the country breakdown.
        >
        > Jim Carter

      • jd_314159
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 25, 2004
          Alternatively, you can use webalizer that does DNS lookups. Doing it
          this way will not slow down the web server (sometimes by as much as 2-
          3 seconds per request).

          J.D.

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@m...>