strange

  • jan.hartmann@bluewin.ch
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2004
      Hello

      I'm encountering a problem with webalizer. For some reason it stops
      generating the statistics reports at some date although there are
      still log files of later dates. It just sotps without an error. For
      example now it stops somewhere in september. Now when I remove the log
      files of January for example it will execute till the end of october.
      Has anybody an idea why it is doing this?

      Thank you for your help
      Jan

      --

      Jan Hartmann
      Zurlindenstrasse 301

      Tel. +41 1 400 46 23
      Mob. +41 79 604 81 49
      Email jan.hartmann@...
    • Kristof
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2004
        Hello Jan,

        webalizer only can process about 200 log files @ once

        So normaly if you use IIS you can have daily logs.
        Daily log files from january until now are about 300 log files.

        what you can do is use a script to clean up the old log files and make
        webalizer run incremental.

        Greetz
        Kristof

      • jan.hartmann@bluewin.ch
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2004
          Hello Kristof,

          Thank you for the quick reply.

          Jan

          > Hello Jan,

          > webalizer only can process about 200 log files @ once

          > So normaly if you use IIS you can have daily logs.
          > Daily log files from january until now are about 300 log files.

          > what you can do is use a script to clean up the old log files and make
          > webalizer run incremental.

          > Greetz
          > Kristof

          > On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:47:03 +0200, jan.hartmann@...
          > <jan.hartmann@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hello
          >>
          >> I'm encountering a problem with webalizer. For some reason it stops
          >> generating the statistics reports at some date although there are
          >> still log files of later dates. It just sotps without an error. For
          >> example now it stops somewhere in september. Now when I remove the log
          >> files of January for example it will execute till the end of october.
          >> Has anybody an idea why it is doing this?
          >>
          >> Thank you for your help
          >> Jan
          >>
          >> --
          >>
          >> Jan Hartmann
          >> Zurlindenstrasse 301
          >> 8003 Zürich
          >>
          >> Tel. +41 1 400 46 23
          >> Mob. +41 79 604 81 49
          >> Email jan.hartmann@...
          >>

          >> Webalizer homepage: http://www.webalizer.org
          >> Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
          >>
          >> ttp://www.webalizer.org
          >> Webalizer for NT: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
          >>

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

          > ttp://www.webalizer.org

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorGet unlimited calls to

          > U.S./Canada

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Jan Hartmann
          Zurlindenstrasse 301