Re: [webalizer] GeoIP and Cobalt Linux

  • Stanislaw Pusep
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
      Hello!
      There's no need to reinstall Webalizer to enable GeoIP feature. Webalizer and geolizer can coexist in *different directories*. You can simply place geolizer static executable anywhere in your $HOME; no root is needed for that. You can even share the same config, in case you specify GeoIP database location through parameter.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
        So should What should i download, the full geoIP or the patch for
        webalizer? Where do i see what my $HOME is?

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Stanislaw Pusep"
        <stanis@l...> wrote:
        > Hello!
        > There's no need to reinstall Webalizer to enable GeoIP feature.
        Webalizer and geolizer can coexist in *different directories*. You
        can simply place geolizer static executable anywhere in your
        $HOME; no root is needed for that. You can even share the same
        config, in case you specify GeoIP database location through
        parameter.

      • Tom Cat
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
          --- ejejdbrokerejejdbrokerahoo.com> wrote:

          > So should What should i download, the full gegeoIPr
          > the patch for
          > wewebalizer

          I downloaded the full gegeoIP I'm not sure it matters.

          > Where do i see what my $HOME is?

          At the command prompt type echo $HOME

          This should be the same as your home directory.

          -Tom

          http://vote.yahoo.com
        • ejdbroker
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
            Have you done geoip on a cobalt, or are you speaking in general?