GeoIP and Cobalt Linux

  • ejdbroker
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
      Hey all:

      Sifted through the history, and found that to get better country
      results we should use the GeoIP patch to webalizer.

      I am running a Cobalt RaQ4 with webalizer already in there. Is there
      a way to patch up the current installation or will i have to reinstall
      webalizer?

      Also, if anyone is vaguely familiar with RaQ's I was wondering why the
      pkg at pkgmaster.com installs webalizer without a webalizer.conf file?
      How does the program run?
    • Stanislaw Pusep
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
        Hello!
        There's no need to reinstall Webalizer to enable GeoIP feature. Webalizer and geolizer can coexist in *different directories*. You can simply place geolizer static executable anywhere in your $HOME; no root is needed for that. You can even share the same config, in case you specify GeoIP database location through parameter.

        > Sifted through the history, and found that to get better country
        > results we should use the GeoIP patch to webalizer.
        >
        > I am running a Cobalt RaQ4 with webalizer already in there. Is there
        > a way to patch up the current installation or will i have to reinstall
        > webalizer?
        >
        > Also, if anyone is vaguely familiar with RaQ's I was wondering why the
        > pkg at pkgmaster.com installs webalizer without a webalizer.conf file?
        > How does the program run?

        > ttp://www.webalizer.org
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Powered by Outblaze
      • ejdbroker
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
          So should What should i download, the full geoIP or the patch for
          webalizer? Where do i see what my $HOME is?

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Stanislaw Pusep"
          <stanis@l...> wrote:
          > Hello!
          > There's no need to reinstall Webalizer to enable GeoIP feature.
          Webalizer and geolizer can coexist in *different directories*. You
          can simply place geolizer static executable anywhere in your
          $HOME; no root is needed for that. You can even share the same
          config, in case you specify GeoIP database location through
          parameter.

        • Tom Cat
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
            --- ejejdbrokerejejdbrokerahoo.com> wrote:

            > So should What should i download, the full gegeoIPr
            > the patch for
            > wewebalizer

            I downloaded the full gegeoIP I'm not sure it matters.

            > Where do i see what my $HOME is?

            At the command prompt type echo $HOME

            This should be the same as your home directory.

            -Tom

            http://vote.yahoo.com
          • ejdbroker
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
              Have you done geoip on a cobalt, or are you speaking in general?