Can not find redirected URLs in the URL - List

  • Volker Schmidt-Kuczaty
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2004
      maybe I'am a little bit stupid, but I haven't found redirected URLs in
      the URL - List generated with webalizer. I can see that this URL's are
      accounted but neither in the "View all URLs" list nor in the dumped
      URLs file I can find them.
      Must I use a special flag or param in the config file to see this URLs.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Best regards
      Volker
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2004
        Look at the original logfiles. Do the redirected URLs
        appear there?

        If they don't appear there, they won't appear in
        webalizer.

        If they do, then we need more info. Could you
        copy&paste one the log lines where the redirected URL
        appears, or simply tell us the status code that
        appears in that line?

        --- Volker Schmidt-Kuczaty
        <volker.schmidt-kuczaty@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > maybe I'am a little bit stupid, but I haven't found
        > redirected URLs in
        > the URL - List generated with webalizer. I can see
        > that this URL's are
        > accounted but neither in the "View all URLs" list
        > nor in the dumped
        > URLs file I can find them.
        > Must I use a special flag or param in the config
        > file to see this URLs.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Best regards
        > Volker

        =====

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Volker Schmidt-Kuczaty
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2004
          I'm working with webalizer on Linux.
          The logfiles are created daily and with the -i Option put into the
          webalizer.
          The status-code for the interesting lines = 302 and a logline looks like:
          nn.nn.nn.nn www.internal.domain.com - [20/Sep/2004:11:25:51 +0200]
          "GET /GUD HTTP/1.1" 302 360 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (
          compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)"
          (I have slightly modified the standard apache log file format to get
          the virtual host for further processing)
          I see in the overall statistics that for month september there are
          currently: "Code 302 - Found 19155 " (directly pasted from output)
          Therefore I assume the URL's are counted correctly.
          I also use a config-File with a param: AllURLs yes and I
          expected to find URLs with /GUD in that list. But in that list I can
          not find them. But this would be a very helpful information for me.
          Just to see which redirects are used and which ones are superflous.

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@y...> wrote:
          > Look at the original logfiles. Do the redirected URLs
          > appear there?
          >
          > If they don't appear there, they won't appear in
          > webalizer.
          >
          > If they do, then we need more info. Could you
          > copy&paste one the log lines where the redirected URL
          > appears, or simply tell us the status code that
          > appears in that line?
          >

          > --- Volker Schmidt-Kuczaty
          > <volker.schmidt-kuczaty@w...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > > maybe I'am a little bit stupid, but I haven't found
          > > redirected URLs in
          > > the URL - List generated with webalizer. I can see
          > > that this URL's are
          > > accounted but neither in the "View all URLs" list
          > > nor in the dumped
          > > URLs file I can find them.
          > > Must I use a special flag or param in the config
          > > file to see this URLs.
          > >
          > > Any help would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > Best regards
          > > Volker
          > >

          > =====
          > Enric Naval
          > GRIHO webalizer.conf

          > http://vote.yahoo.com
        • Volker Schmidt-Kuczaty
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 4, 2004
            Info:
            I have made some research in the sourcecode itself.
            This is the code:

            /* URL/ident hash table (only if valid response code) */
            if ((log_rec.resp_code==RC_OK)||(log_rec.resp_code==RC_NOMOD)||
            (log_rec.resp_code==RC_PARTIALCONTENT))
            {
            /* URL hash table */
            if (put_unode(log_rec.url,OBJ_REG,(u_long)1,
            log_rec.xfer_size,&t_url,(u_long)0,(u_long)0,um_htab))
            {

            As far as I understand this only logs records with response code 200
            (OK), 304 (NOT MODIFIED) and 203 (PARTIAL INFORMATION)

            Therefore no chance without changing sourcecode or manipulating the
            input data (sigh).

            --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Volker Schmidt-Kuczaty"