Countries not showing up

  • Robyn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2004
      Hi everyone.
      One of the things I found fascinating about my web stats was seeing
      how many different countries my web visitors came from. I don't have
      a huge site and I don't have a huge number of visitors, but
      the 'country' information was brilliant. However, I am not sure
      whether Singtel (my ISP here in Singapore where we live) has put anti-
      virus anti-worm 'stuff' in place but for the last four or five months
      the 'country' stats have not been showing up. I haven't changed
      anything (at least I'm pretty sure I haven't) and my webhost in NZ
      (where I'm actually from) says they haven't changed anything, so I
      really don't know what to do. I tried to download webalizer and set
      it up myself rather than just have my web host providing it, but the
      download was 'down'.

      Got any suggestions as to why the 'country' stats vanished and what I
      can do about it? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

      Regards
      Robyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
        You have to tell your service provider that webalizer
        is not resolving domain names. Maybe they shut down
        the access to DNS (Domain Name Service) for security
        reasons, or maybe they haven't noticed that it is
        broken.

        =====

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush