bad report format

  • using_the_whole_fist_doc
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2004
      All,

      I've got some experience with webalizer, but it's doing something on a
      new server of mine that I can't find any hints on anywhere. When
      running it on my logfile it's generating reports with the correct
      names (usage_200408.html, etc) but the file contents look like this:

      sub
      {
      my ($data) = {};
      $data->{total_hit} = 902590;
      $data->{total_url} = 22550;

      etc.

      It also fails to create the index.html file. No errors or messages of
      any kind are generated--even with -d.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks in advance,

      Dave
    • using_the_whole_fist_doc
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2004
        Bradford Barrett explained that webalizer couldn't be producing this
        output, so I checked more carefully and sure enough, I had two copies
        installed. The one I installed myself worked like a charm when fully
        qualified its location--no idea what the other one was doing.

        So anyway, if anyone else gets this, try reinstalling from scratch
        and/or checking your paths.

        Thanks!

        Dave

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "using_the_whole_fist_doc"