More verbose NT Question

  • damongcarpenter@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2000
      OK... I guess I should have asked more specific questions. Let me
      describe my configuration, and you guys can tell me where I need to
      make changes.

      The NT 4.0 Server is running IIS 4.0. I have Webalizer in
      C:\webalizer. The report output is C:\reports. The .conf file is in
      c:\etc. Yesterday, I managed to get the IIS log file to actually
      create a useable output, and I saw the first graphic product from
      Webalizer, but it was done completely manually. I would like to
      automate the process, but the script file from the website and
      the .conf file are a little confusing for me. (I'm a network guy, not
      a programmer) So, here is what I would like for it to do. I would
      like to get Webalizer moved to a published area of my web-site that
      is password protected, so only authorized people can pull up stats
      from the program. I can handle that part and the path changes in the
      script and the .conf file. What I don't fully understand is the link
      between the .conf file, the script, and the "inyymmdd.log" files in
      my system32/logfiles/w3svc1 directory, and how it gets dynamically
      changing information from day to day and keeps track of it all.
      Maybe this more detailed information will get the gears turning out
      there. If you think you might know a solution and just want to email
      me, please do, and I will be glad to discuss it with you directly.

      Again, I thank you for your help and your patience. I am still
      learning in the world of scripts and servers!

      Damon