Re: [webalizer] What does xxxx:+++++++ mean?

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2004
      Enric Naval wrote:
      >>In your referrer log, what does
      >>xxxx:++++++++++++++++++ mean?
      >

      > This is some browser program which is blocking its
      > referrer to protect the user's privacy. It could be
      > even be some browser pluguin, or a proxy program like
      > Proxymitron.

      FWIW: its not from Proxomitron (correct spelling) unless they have specifically modified the two places where referrals can be
      replaced... in my default proxomitron install, those two only make the referrer blank... the xxxx:++++ stuff comes from something
      else... i seem to recall norton internet security being mentioned elsewhere as one that did this... personally, i think it better to
      just blank the field rather than to stuff that shit in it...

      --
      _\/
      (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA